Sonic Electronix

yeah u can go as big as u want, like i said i have a 40... fuckn huge. some ppl just HATE cap's, but to each their own, i got nothing against them and ill use the one i already have, i probably wont buy any in the future, but ill use it since i have it.

but if ur gonna spend like 100+ on a cap, just get another battery man

u might not be able to afford high end batteries but even another small regular battery should be ok? (can someone confirm this?)

yeah because i am on a budget what are we talkin on these high end batteries like a couple hundred bucks or somthing?

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

well most ppl do use high end batteries. i been looking and u can find good batteries in the classifieds here for ~200 sometimes, but depending on where you live/they live it might cost a lot to ship, i know it would cost alot for me to get something shipped to BC

i assume just running another battery that u have kicking around would be beneficial but i want someone to chime in (im yet to run multiple batteries)

siggy.jpg

what amp are you running?

the PowerMaster D975 should be good for ~1000-2000W according to the specs. it sells for around $130-$140.

you might wanna look into that one if you're on a budget?

Edited by St.Ides

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

someone had something in their sig that went something like this, "a cap is absolutely useless unless you have 0 voltage drop and you want to clean up the ripples at the top and bottom waves"

and x2 on that D975 idea, thats a great battery for a budget

Edited by Krannyman92

x2 on what everyone has said. if you are purchasing something to keep your voltage up, a capacitor wont help you much. i dont know how many of you have actually played around with a capacitor to know... (if you do be safe, they can be dangerous...) but 1 farad isnt that much stored energy. it will do basically nothing for any type of longer bass note. it might have some benifit if you only had quick hits, but even that is pushing it. just get a battery and be done with it. every system i have had i could tell no difference between a cap hooked and unhooked.

I bought the 15 farad Alumapro cap for 250.00(in 08) used for my Usa2000x and 4300x, waste of money! I ended up putting a kinetik 2400 in the rear which I got for 200.00 and never had a problem after that. This was in a 03 civic which I still ride today and as you know civics already have weak alts. Simply put, Do a big three upgrade and add a battery = Having a nice day! :)

Edited by Cr@sh

(flame shield up) i have used caps before and i did see a little difference. when the big hits would come, it wouldnt dim my lights as much. so from my experience, it helped. but i was just running like 400w and no big 3 done and all wired in 8 gauge...

edit: btw, my cap days are over in case you are wondering...

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz

someone had something in their sig that went something like this, "a cap is absolutely useless unless you have 0 voltage drop and you want to clean up the ripples at the top and bottom waves"

and x2 on that D975 idea, thats a great battery for a budget

Yep thats me! :D

You just know how, when and why to use one and you may benefit and you may not.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png