I really hate cars especially small ass ones for bass, but it's what i have to work with for now, so i put in 2 l brackets with screws cuz they came with them, and i could barely get 2 in anyway and one of them moves :(

Anyway this is about as good as it's going to get for this car (i've had this done for a while btw):

The bracket that doesn't quite hold because there is metal under it so it's just screwed into the carpet lol

P1010002.jpg

The bracket that does hold

P1010004.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Any suggestions to make the box hold better and not slide?

When does it slide, when your driving or when you bump?

Cuz when I had my system going (Two 12") my box didn't slide around when I drove and I'm pretty sure your box and sub weighs about twice what mine did.

But if you still need to brace it try bigger l brackets.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

When does it slide, when your driving or when you bump?

Cuz when I had my system going (Two 12") my box didn't slide around when I drove and I'm pretty sure your box and sub weighs about twice what mine did.

But if you still need to brace it try bigger l brackets.

i guess it could be both, before i had anything to hold it though, it was when i turn a corner usually it would slide. I think the shti blows those brackets off though lol

i guess it could be both, before i had anything to hold it though, it was when i turn a corner usually it would slide. I think the shti blows those brackets off though lol

Well the brackets you have on it look tiny on that box, do you have a pic that shows your whole trunk?

Well even if you don't, what I was thinking is that you could push your box until it's leaning on one of your trunk walls and then practically fill the opposite side with brackets, or you could put a few bigger one.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

band iron zipscrewed to the rear deck, then screwed into the box

ghetto but it works...i wouldnt suggest screwing into the metal, most cars have a gastank thereabouts

or if you wanna go all out, take the carpet out, lay it on 1/2 inch plywood, trace it, cut it out, staple/glue the carpet on, and then screw the box to that (which is what i did, and never had an issue again)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Kitchen mat under the box and you can take turns as fast as you want without worry, but are you going to trim down those 1/0 wires going into the amp, because one bump or whatever and those wires touch. By By amplifier. My .02

I really hate cars especially small ass ones for bass, but it's what i have to work with for now, so i put in 2 l brackets with screws cuz they came with them, and i could barely get 2 in anyway and one of them moves :(

Anyway this is about as good as it's going to get for this car (i've had this done for a while btw):

The bracket that doesn't quite hold because there is metal under it so it's just screwed into the carpet lol

P1010001.jpg

I would definitely get some electrical tape around the ends of your wire or buy some distribution blocks for the 1 gauge to 4 gauge conversion.