JBL makes some great after market stuff but thats different than what your getting from the car manufacture.

We had a 94 ford explore that came with the JBL sound system and I was never impressed with it.

For the money your going to spend at the car dealership for the JBL system you would be better off getting the cheapest radio they have to offer and replace everything yourself.

LOL and still go JBL aftermarket and probly sound better.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

JBL makes some great after market stuff but thats different than what your getting from the car manufacture.

We had a 94 ford explore that came with the JBL sound system and I was never impressed with it.

For the money your going to spend at the car dealership for the JBL system you would be better off getting the cheapest radio they have to offer and replace everything yourself.

LOL and still go JBL aftermarket and probly sound better.

Yeah, I would like to do that, but my dad is helping me pay for my car and he is saying how stock systems are great and you don't need aftermarket crap. It took me a long time to convince him to get subs cause he tells me my altenator wouldn't last 6 months with subs

I'm sorry to hear that and its unfortunite(can't spell) that your dad has been misinformed on how the electricity in vehicles work and misinformed on how an amplifier works.

Everything will come in time. Be patient.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

please inform us oh great sire

Your not talking to me are you?

You have been on here long enough and should know how efficient amps are these days.

He could easily put a whole sound system together that would sound great and not break the bank or the vehicle.

75 watts x 4 and a 750 watt class D amp is more than enough and no harm would come from it.

Since his dad is helping him pay for the vehicle I feel that he just needs to be patient about a sound system and be thankful hes gettting a new car.

On the flip side I want to think it was close to $600 for the upgraded system in the Explore and thats alot of money to work with.

LOL I thought I had a better reputation than that around here.

Terryswork001.png

I'm sorry to hear that and its unfortunite(can't spell) that your dad has been misinformed on how the electricity in vehicles work and misinformed on how an amplifier works.

Everything will come in time. Be patient.

Well how much would you say it would cost to 4 alpine speakers *highs/mids* and 4 tweeters in? I plan on having a buddy help me install. With all those speakers plus the amp powering about 800-900 rms of subs, how long would a normal altenator last? (I wouldn't be able to bump during the winter as much cause it's below zero from about January-February)

Do you mean something like this.

Alpine head unit,

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6183/CDA9886--A...AC-playback.htm

Alpine 6.5 coaxial speakers and can be powered by the head unit.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6256/SPS600--Al...t;-openings.htm

Kicker 750.1

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3788/ZX7501--Ki...s-Amplifier.htm

You will need 4ga power and ground and learn about the Big 3 then do it and if you can afford it I reccomemmend a Stinger SP1000 to be used as your main and only battery in the vehicle. Get the battery from www.darvex.com Great people there.

There should be nothing to worrie about as far as your alt goes.

I like everything there except the Alpine speakers and would push you towards Phoenix Golds RSD line.

Terryswork001.png

I think you could do this all except the battery and subs for under $1000.

Terryswork001.png