Second Skin Audio

Type R Box Help

hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a budget sub just for a couple months until I can get what I really want and I was thinking of a single type r 12. Eventually I want an fi q.

This will be going in my 95 mustang so theres not that much trunk space. I was told to go around 2.5 cubes ported to 34 hz. does this sound right for this sub?

The design I'm looking at is sub back slot ported back. The measurements are 25 w/ 13 h/ 20 d. so I should have around 2.3 cubes. The total port length is 28.5 in by 3 in wide and the port area is 34.5 in. and the calculator I'm using says this should be around 34.5 hz. Does this sound like a good design to you guys? If you have any other ideas I'm open to anything I just need to make sure it will fit in my car. This will be the first real ported box I have built. I tried one other time and it didn't end up bad but it was just ported with an abs pipe as an aero port and port area wasn't even considered so I'd really like to do it right this time.

I'm using the re enclosure calculator and I've heard sometimes this is a little off but it was the best I could find without downloading something.

thanks in advance for any help

Edited by pk222

does that sound like the right tuning, port area and dimensions? like I stated above I've heard the re enclosure calculator has had problems

If i where you I wolud sell the type r's before you blow them, what amp are you going to run. I had two in a ported box of a pheonix gold xenon x1200.1. Not a big amp power wise and it blew them. Quickly. :censored:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

If i where you I wolud sell the type r's before you blow them, what amp are you going to run. I had two in a ported box of a pheonix gold xenon x1200.1. Not a big amp power wise and it blew them. Quickly. :censored:

wtf? are you serious right now? the R's can handle 1000rms a piece EASILY. you just clipped them to death and then ended up blowing them. your fault, not alpines.

Edited by Krannyman92

does that sound like the right tuning, port area and dimensions? like I stated above I've heard the re enclosure calculator has had problems

you got enough port area. the dimensions are up to you, since i dunno how big your trunk is. and its tuned fine

wtf? are you serious right now? lmao. the R's can handle 1000rms a piece EASILY. you just clipped them to death and then ended up blowing them. your fault, not alpines.

x2

i have had 1 of my 10's hook to my amp by itself and it handled it just fine