Sundown Audio

Sundown Sae-1200d Vs Audioque 1200d

The enD

The Sundown is a lil more expensive but read only good things about it. Went to db-r and saw a review.

http://www.db-r.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1219867818

***** from Sundown Audio

43.3 Amps

46.7 Volts

1.08 Ohms Actual

----

2022 Watts

These are some pretty good numbers. Just need a 200A H/O alternator or more (i need it for both amp.... )

And the AudioQue is cheaper, has a clipping led (which i would like to use due to no o-scope) and read that it put 1450@1 ohm on 14.4V

bg_flag.gif

Can I buy a bass knob with a clipping LED, because Sundown don't have it? I think it is the same plug, right ?

I am 99% buying this SAE.

It is severely under-rated and will easily do 1500w @ 1ohm & 12.8v.

Any idea what watts with 15.3 ( I am thinking about Mechman 250A + MLA )

And can it go under 1 ohm - 0,5 or 0,7

Thanks for the reply Derrick :)

bg_flag.gif

This amp will come with a tutorial manual with pics showing how to properly setup your sae-1200d with a dmm. Just follow those instructions and you'll never need a clipping indicator. The SAE amps are not stable below 1ohm. Absolutely do not try it. Not sure on what they'll do at 15v.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

The sub I'll be powering is going to be a Fi BTL. But after some months I am going sell the SAE and buy a SAZ. Heard the can go under 1ohm. So the BTL can get some more power.

What I am concerned is about the coils of the BTL. If I get a dual 0.7 the load will be 1.4 for the SAE. But can the SAZ go to 0.35 ?

bg_flag.gif

why not buy an amp that will do more power at .7 to 1 ohm.

and get dual 1.4 coils wire it at a .7 ohm load and be totally happy

.5 ohm and lower your THD% starts getting nasty IMO

get a saz 2000D with your BTL with dual 1.4 coils wired to .7ohm and be totally friggin happy and the amp will like it more as well ( less heat)

So what amp do you guys suggest? The cheapest amp stable at 0.7 and around one 1000W. Something that can make the BTL move for 2 3 months and then trade it for a better one. The money I am willing to spend - 200 250$.

What about these. Hifonics-BXI-2608D. I know the are a lil over rated ( I had a 1208D - did 900W ), and require some good amperage, but its cheap and good to begin with, right ? Is it stable at 0.7 or it will immediately go into protection?(that I want to know very much) I can get it as a temporary amp and sell it for cheap. In Bulgaria they are pretty respected...

Maybe bid on it and get it for 250...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HiFonics-BXI-2608D-260...1QQcmdZViewItem

bg_flag.gif

save ur money for those 2 or 3 months.. not worth buying a amp and then upgrading 2 or 3 months later.. kinda a waste imo

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Archived