Alpine Hu Question

Hello everyone.. :)

I have an Alpine CDA-9856 and it has BBE-1 , BBE-2, BBE-3 and Effect OFF

How ever I notice when I have it in BBE mode 3 it sounds the best for me, but when I go over 22 on the volume knob it seems to be bass blocking.. soon as I turn it back down under 23 it goes back to full bass. does anyone know why?

Also may sound silly but I checked the manual and find the purpose of the Defeat option... does Defeat = Loud?

I went out today and turned BBE off , Subwoofer Volume to 0 and Bass and Treble to zero then unplugged my Subwoofer Amp then on my mid/Highs amp I turned the gain all the way down then I turned my head unit all the way up then adjusted my gain for mids and highs until it sounded nice and clear. Did the same thing for my Sub amp, then pluged my mid/high amp back in. Sounds great and I can have the volume all the way up to 35 with no problem and it sounds clear.

But the minute I turn BBE on I cant go past 22 with out it bass blocking or at least that is what it seems like it is doing.

defeat basically shuts off all EQ and plays the song without and optimization or anything, just the song the way it was burned, so defeat is not "loud"

and if it sounds fine and clear without bbe, why use the bbe feature, i personally don't use it.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

I know at lower volumes BBE 3 brings out the bass better...

Would you recommend Leaving BBE off and just turning the Subwoofer volume up?

See I dont have a bass knob for my amp yet so it is at 0db gain right now.. I will be getting the Bass knob for it at the end of this month.

Thats what i do, and it works for me, 3 different vehicles, (dad, mine, and my brother) all have alpines mine and my dad have the BBE, neither of us use it and we all have a system.

Its all really a matter of opinion but i personally get better results without bbe, since i dont tend to listen to my music at lower volumes

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

all I do is listen to MP3 from my Ipod.. I usually have 192 bi-rate or better.

Archived