Second Skin Audio

Slot Vs Aero Port

bigger=better, imo

and he wants good lows.

Ummm... no.

why cut it down to 6.5? Is that length flared on one end or both? Is there a rule as to how far to keep it off any walls? Is there a rule for how many in^2 of port per cube when its aero ports?

IMO 7 cubes is a little big for two 15's. That lenght is flare on both. Try to keep the ports 6 inches away from everything really even each other. You do not need as much port area with aero ports. Generally, one needs two 4 inch or one 6 inch.

Just an example: I have two 15's in a 6 cubic foot box with four 4 inch aero ports doing a 147.1 with 1635 watts in a trunk car. That at least to me is impressive.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I agree with Bangin

2 6" precision ports is plenty of port.

and I do not agree with bigger is better

Damn, you Ninjaed me David.

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

i can not wait until I can get 2 aero ports....Dang old rookie class rules...Right now I am hiting around 142 with a Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000 and a JL 13W7 with 1 4 inch aero port..

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Ummm... no.

IMO 7 cubes is a little big for two 15's. That lenght is flare on both. Try to keep the ports 6 inches away from everything really even each other. You do not need as much port area with aero ports. Generally, one needs two 4 inch or one 6 inch.

Just an example: I have two 15's in a 6 cubic foot box with four 4 inch aero ports doing a 147.1 with 1635 watts in a trunk car. That at least to me is impressive.

DC LVL 4 XL 15s, suggested enclosure is 3-5 cubes per woofer. Im only giving them 3.5 each. So its really not that big for 2 15s. So you think 7 cubes and 2 6" ports would be good?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

also, do i need to keep this 6" off the floor and everything?

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

DC LVL 4 XL 15s, suggested enclosure is 3-5 cubes per woofer. Im only giving them 3.5 each. So its really not that big for 2 15s. So you think 7 cubes and 2 6" ports would be good?

yeah that would be good.

also, do i need to keep this 6" off the floor and everything?

It maybe hard to keep it anyway from everything in the box so do your best. Definitely try to keep them out of the corners of the box.

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

atleast one full diameter away from everything...

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

Aeros are new to me completely. Do i need to worry about how far they are from my hatch (its a blazer this will go into someday). I know with slots some people say yes it matters, some say no it doesnt. But how badly will it hurt to have it too close to the rear hatch?

I am not sure...but in thinking if it is to close it may restrict air flow...to an extent.....usually I think 4-6 inches might be better....or have them fire up...not sure if this will really help much in a blazer but...it seems to help in some hatchbacks.

Team Pure Pressure

Archived