90 300zx - My First Custom Build - Dc Level Iv 15s

you sir have my alltime fav car.. although i prefer the 92 and higher models. the 90s have a less durable motor and the electronic hicas steering (twin turbos only ) the 92 and up went to a hydraulic setup that was much more reliable.

anyways. i really want to own a twin turbo 300zx one day.. they are beautiful cars.

im glad you did a really nice install because i wouldhate to see a z disgraced with a janky ass install.

I have always loved the Z. My first car ever (high school) was a 280Z 2+2 Turbo with the inline 6 cylinder motor and T-Tops. It was an incredible machine. I went with the 90 (this is an NA) because the standard transmission and gearing is better for conversion to the twin turbo.

In the winter of 2011 she is getting a 650+ HP motor (among other things). Go to www.z1motorsports.com for details. It is a stage III twin turbo. She is also getting the Stosek wide body kit. They will have her for awhile.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Two MB Quart RSH 10" subs

Fusion 6.5" PowerPlant components (front)

Fusion 5.25" PowerPlant components (back)

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

All in my 2 seater Nissan 300zx

Check out my 1st Custom Build

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for thier kind words. I am very proud of the install and extremely pleased that everyone likes it. Vids will be coming soon, I hope.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

Yes, my son was a big help. I still have some research to do for my speaker upgrades. All of the mids and tweets will be replaced eventually. I only use the privacy screen when she is parked; it is retracted the rest of the time.

Wish mine was retractable....cause it sounds terrible!! lol. definitely one seriously clean build.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

So I took the Z to the local audio and installation shop, they liked the work; did not like the ports. Again, I am learning this stuff and the lesson learned is that if you cannot get the port area of, well from 10 to 16 square inches per ft^3 the benefit does not warrant the port.

I have my box tuned at 34Hz and around that frequency it is very loud (for me) however there is a significant dB drop above and below it.

My goal is flat response and wide range on the lows, most people are saying to seal off the box because the ports are too small so I have decided to take the experts (and many others) advice. As I plan for all contingencies this will only take about 3 minutes. I have caps that slip on to the ports (inside the box) that will do the job perfectly. It will take me down to 4.2 cubes but should give better response on all low frequencies.

I will test later today and post the results.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

Wish mine was retractable....cause it sounds terrible!! lol. definitely one seriously clean build.

Thanks, I really wanted it clean.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

OK, the results are in and the experts have it. Sealed definately sounds better (than two too small ports anyway). Excellent flat response with no dB drop. My goal is to build a sound lab with some test boxes and meters and such. I really want to learn more.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

nice build, clean

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived