Starting Car Problems

Guest KyleCannon

Battery might be dead or something isn't connected... try getting a DMM on your battery and see what it reads out.... when it's sitting there and when you try to turn it over.

If you didnt just finish cleaning your battery terminals I would suspect something was wrong with the car... but go with the simplest possibilities first. Check voltage at terminals during cranking, check to see if you pulled any wires while cleaning the terminals, make sure the terminals fit snug..

Too Much Stuff to list .

Alright so i was cleaning my battier terminals yesterday. when i put everything back and tried to start my car it wouldn't turn over it just made a ticking noise. Dose that mean my starter is gone or what?

that's usually caused by a weak battery

especially since you just performed an action in that area

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Ok so i put a DMM on my battery and it was floating at 12.9-13.0. And all the connections are on tight. and at first it was making a ticking noise now its not doing anything.

measure it while you crank it, sometimes it will float normal and drop to like 5 volts when you crank

if its like "clunk.tictictictictic" its usually a bad batt

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC