Sundown Audio

Amp Suggestions Cause I'm Done With My Current Amps

I'm looking to buy a new amp that will be able to handle 4-12" Rockford Fosgate Power T1s. I currently have a pair of MTX THUNDER ELITE TE1501D amps which i'm not impressed with anymore. The one amp is on its way back to MTX to be repaired for the 3rd time since I bought it. I need to have an amp capable of between 2500 and 3000 watts at 2 ohm stable. I've got the electrical capability to back up a decent sized amp, but i've gotten so many mixed thoughts on different amps, so i figured i'd ask the top forum and see what comes up. Let me know what you think, PLEASE!!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Thanks bro, i've been lookin at the zx2500.1 but i'm not 100% on anything yet, keep the opinions and options coming please!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

sundown 3000d

DAT 2500.1

Kicker 2500.1

Crunch gp3000

Only one of those makes that power at 2 ohms...

2 SAZ-1500D's strapped would be a good option.

Look into strapping 2 smaller monos, you'll have a hard time finding that power at 2 ohms unless you get a Kicker or an amp that's actually 2 amps in 1 chassis, i.e. Audiopipe 3000.1D

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I also have the option of running 2 smaller amps that could handle a 1 ohm load between 1400 and 1700 rms, which if i could strap them would also work like you said. I can't find the zx amp cheaper than 770 which i guess isn't too bad considering msrp is like 1500 but i still would like some other options

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

I also have the option of running 2 smaller amps that could handle a 1 ohm load between 1400 and 1700 rms, which if i could strap them would also work like you said. I can't find the zx amp cheaper than 770 which i guess isn't too bad considering msrp is like 1500 but i still would like some other options

Dont go kicker youll regret it. I think a bd2000 puts out more then the kicker and is 549 at soniceletronix.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Dont go kicker youll regret it. I think a bd2000 puts out more then the kicker and is 549 at soniceletronix.

The kicker would be fine, besides he needs an amp that makes its power at 2 ohms the RF makes its power at 1 ohm, that RF will do 1500rms at 2 ohms.

I have run my ZX.1500 for like 2 years now, and have never had any problems with it, why is it that he would regret it might I ask?

Also I see that the Jbl Gto2400 could be a contender it also makes its power at 2 ohms

It is $674

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16163_JBL+GTO24001.html

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I'm on the same boat as the OP.

trying to find 2000+@2ohms.

its hard.

I've been looking for a Crunch GP3000 but cant find one anywhere.

i guess im just gonna go for the audiopipe 3000.1D :unsure:

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

I would say the JBL or the kicker both are really good brands

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.