umm,yeah, i didnt ask for a smart ass comment but ok,i've got a job lined up for the summer,i'll be doing concrete work for a local company,its supposed to pay pretty good,but would i have to fab up mounts, what would i have to do to make it work?

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

provided your tc has a 302 dont know for the other motors but it will swap out without a problem

you have to use the sensors from the 302 motor in the 351, you just need to figure how to get the extra fuel to the bigger motor.

if you throw a carb and distributor the transmission prolly wont work right

i honestly do not know what it has,im not good with motors but i know i want a bigger one,its a 4.6L, i know that much,but i need to focus on something other than the audio,im gettin whhels and tires at the end of the year. then i'll focus on the engine then paint. and by next year or the year after it should be done when the audio part is done.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

i honestly do not know what it has,im not good with motors but i know i want a bigger one,its a 4.6L, i know that much,but i need to focus on something other than the audio,im gettin whhels and tires at the end of the year. then i'll focus on the engine then paint. and by next year or the year after it should be done when the audio part is done.

provided it has a 302 in it you'll need swap headers and 351 motormounts to start with and the headers are kinda pricey.

if it has a 302 ho in it go to the junk yard and find an explorer with a 5.0 in it and get the heads and intake off of it it'll save you time frustration and money in the long run if your motor is not the ho then you can find stock mustang ho cams on ebay for around $30 in good shape to go with the heads intake from the explorer it will change a non ho motor to the ho firing order..

trust me i gave up on a 351 swap in a stang once i realised the 351 only made 20 more ft/lbs of torque and 10 hp more then my 302 both in stock trim i ended up doing the explorer heads and intake (gt40p is what they are called) with a bigger cam and a good valve train and it was a totaly different monster and you wont have to have your car down as long i put my 5.0 backin and had all the parts swapped in a weekend and a couple cases of budwiser.. if you need any info or help find parts shoot me a pm. i payed like $500 for my heads and intake off of a 60,000 mile explorer and the market for those parts wasnt to big at the time now im sure they can be had cheaper 130 for my cam and about 200 on my valvetrain you cant find a 351 worth buying for that kinda money let alone all the swap parts and my 5.0 would rape stock 351's after we did those few things

ok,theres a guy that helps me with my audio,he had an old body monte that would stand up at red lights,im sure he can point me in the right direction,but my car from the factory comes with a little over 200 horses, and the 351's i was lookin at did around 400,i think they were modded though.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

provided it has a 302 in it you'll need swap headers and 351 motormounts to start with and the headers are kinda pricey.

if it has a 302 ho in it go to the junk yard and find an explorer with a 5.0 in it and get the heads and intake off of it it'll save you time frustration and money in the long run if your motor is not the ho then you can find stock mustang ho cams on ebay for around $30 in good shape to go with the heads intake from the explorer it will change a non ho motor to the ho firing order..

trust me i gave up on a 351 swap in a stang once i realised the 351 only made 20 more ft/lbs of torque and 10 hp more then my 302 both in stock trim i ended up doing the explorer heads and intake (gt40p is what they are called) with a bigger cam and a good valve train and it was a totaly different monster and you wont have to have your car down as long i put my 5.0 backin and had all the parts swapped in a weekend and a couple cases of budwiser.. if you need any info or help find parts shoot me a pm. i payed like $500 for my heads and intake off of a 60,000 mile explorer and the market for those parts wasnt to big at the time now im sure they can be had cheaper 130 for my cam and about 200 on my valvetrain you cant find a 351 worth buying for that kinda money let alone all the swap parts and my 5.0 would rape stock 351's after we did those few things

Great advice...

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

I have done the 302-351 swap in a mustang the blocks are pretty much the same as far as the motor mounts and tranny is concerned. you will have to change the headers out. My stang is a 83 Fox Body. my tranny is a T5 built to handle 800+ horses. you will by the way have to go with an Electric Fan and use a bigger radaitor to keep it cool. I use the 4 core because i race the stang a lot so when I change out motoer I don't run into a big hassle or anything like that.

the 302/351 swap in a stang in simple , the 302 rad will work just fine , you can also use a stock clutch fan , only thing you need is 351 motor mounts an swap headers. Also for the swap in the tc , I would do a carb setup , I would run like a msd 6al for igition and I would also get rid of all of your factory wiring EXCEPT for your head lighst , tails , an turns . I Would run all autometer guages to make it simpler, BUT thats the leats of your worrys ..

You have to get a RWD rear end in the car, get the ford motor an tranny to fit ( I would run a c4) which would also be a chore, You would probably have to get some kinda of manual steering rack and probably a ford fairmont k member up front to house the engine and get a customs drive shaft made .

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focus.html

granted it would be bad ass , but it would be ALOT OF WORK an $$$ ..

IF you want more power do a Turbo or Supercharger on your car . You can make good power with those cars witha built factory block .. ie , crank,rods,pistons ,head ETC ETC ETC .

I would suggest building your motor an not attempting to do a 302/351 swap.

I had a built 351w in my mustang before I sold it , it made 550hp on motor an was built for a 200 shot of nitrous, which I sold the car before I put the nitrous kit on it .

Ed