Car Audio + Wholsale + Internet = Bad

I guess with this subject I am torn, I see both sides but I will still buy online because I don't like any dealer around me.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

I guess with this subject I am torn, I see both sides but I will still buy online because I don't like any dealer around me.

I just said the internet is destroying the world kind of, but I'm the same way. We had a good audio store back in the day called audioking. Gave you good equipment and installed for fairly cheap. Than Ultimate Electronics took over, all they would sell you is over priced boston acoustic crap and overcharge you on installation. They went out of business where I live pretty quick. Now the only place around where I live that offers audio stuff is Best Buy because Circuit City too went out of Business. I don't really want to buy from Best Buy because there audio crap is way over priced.

Buying over the internet isnt the most evil thing you can do. Like ray said, going into the shop just to see the stuff, to just order it online sucks. Just make sure your buying from internet sites that are not authorized to sell. Dont take their word, you call the company, example Sony, and ask sony if they are authorized.

I have no idea how RE Authorized that warranty, it was probably the seller taking the loss. Because Re does not take back anything from someone who sells online.

So listen to this for a second guys. Being a shop, and this is how you make a living, and seeing this, makes my blood boil! Go to ebay and visit this guys store and look at how cheap everything is. its cheap because he is back door selling out of a distributors name. Sales work like this.......

you make a product you want 50 bucks for it

you sell it to a distributor for 75 bucks if he buys 100 of them

you sell them to a wholesaler for 100 bucks

you retail them for 200 dollars, but they sell for 150 as a minimum advertised price

(these are not the proper markups this is just an example)

I love giving people deals but here is the problem with that. If everyone gets a deal, there will be no money made, which means business cannot continue, which means your shop cannot stay open, which means i cannot sell product anymore which means less product moved for the companies which means THEY CLOSE!!!!!!! period! this is why we see all these companies going out of business. Because its the race to who can sell them the cheapest. Thats just human nature. What these assholes on ebay are doing are destroying companies, they think they are helping when indeed they are not. Pros and cond of internet sales.

PROS:

the company is moving more product, no skin off their back if the dealer is hurt but the distibutor is buying them, the manufacturer gets his cut and its good success for them!

CONS:

The item is NOT warranty able

The customer calls said company direct just to be turned away

customer is unhappy and bad mouths company

customer buys item with out ANY halp with a sales man to sell them the right equipment for what they need or dont need.

There is no store front to walk into and get instant help

Absolutly NO tech support

Some kid with a dual amp with the gain out the roof hooks up a 2000 dollar sub to it just to blow it from clipping and assumes the sub is just shitty.

These people need to go down. And its going to be an internet revolution. We all need to stand up against these people! I love to save a dollar like the rest of you, and i do my best to keep the prices down in my store, as well as other shop owners i know. This is what i just messaged this asshole on ebay.

This is hwy836 on ebay......user rating 48190 <---makes me sick

"YOU'RE the reason there is a recession, YOU'RE the reason car audio shops are closing, YOU'RE the reason people come into my shop with problems, my shop thats well respected, my shop that installs the product AND with holds warranties. YOU'RE the reason some misinformed kid buys RE audio or us amps and blows it up, and then call re direct and get mad at Re for not being able to warranty the product because they bought it from some shotty internet store or ebay. Now they wont even buy from RE anymore. YOU'RE a piece of shit, Your going down, and you are selling stuff for wholesale on the internet. good luck with what is about to rain upon you."

This is why companies like Digital Designs, DC, and other keep a tight on dealers so this cant happen. FI doesnt even sell to wholesalers or distributors for this reason!

Thought id share this with you guys, do not be surprised if you see solid companies like RE audio close their doors because of assholes like this. RE IS NOT CLOSING. Just using them as an example since we can see clearly they are being under shot by this asshole.

Your perception of this seems to be incorrect.

The manufacturer is still making money on their sale, whether to a wholesaler or retailer. A guy can walk into a retail shop, buy a product and still have it blow up. No shop is going to go into detailed instructions on how to set up an amp for every customer. You get the impression the guy is half way intelligent because he knows what he wants, sell him the part he blows it up. no different than if he had bought it on ebay.

The internet stores you are calling "shotty" and ebay are as respectable as businesses as yours. They offer warranties, as well as technical assistance in many, many cases.

I manage a retail auto parts store. We sell the exact same product as the guys across the street, but they sell it for a fraction of our price. Pretty much all of the competition does this. They try to undercut our prices to draw in business...and it works. Them doing it does not make them a bad company. We simply provide the best customer service we can, make sure the customer is well informed, get them the parts they need, and draw more business than the competition despite the lower prices on the same product. Because we are professional in what we do, the customers come back to us.

There is an audio in the area selling the same product I can get online for half of the price. I usually purchase from ebay (it would be stupid not to), but will still drop a few dollars locally because they are an outstanding company and I like the fact that they are knowledgeable and very helpful. they know I purchase most of the stuff I do from an online store.

Maybe you should focus more on the side of the business that the online retailers can not provide. Custom installations, demos, taking part in the local community to get your business seen as a very respectable business. The company I work for donates time and money to our community. This plays a large role in the reason the company I work for is the largest of its kind.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Archived