Second Skin Audio

Building a New Trunk Box- Need a lil' Help

P4killer_

First here is my setup, yes there are some flaws- im workin on it (so hold you flames por favor)

HU: Pioneer 3000 or something like tht

Subs: 4- PA Fubar 12's D4 (Rated at 800 RMS-- Prolly more like 5 or 6)

Amp: Sundown SAZ3000D @ .5 ohm

Electrical: Stock Bat up front, 0 guage power/grownd, K 1400 in the back (for now)

KK so I decided that one: I like the sound of ported better than sealed.

two: I had to cram 4 12's in my trunk :P

My trunk is less than huge and having a ported enclosure requires air space. My box I built is only about 5 cubes tuned to 37hz i believe. I f'd things up a bit with the box needless to say my port area is wayyy too little. If i remeber correctly the dim of the box are 30 wide * 13 tall * 28 long (28.5 * 11.5 * 26.5 internal) / 1728 = 5.026. Its shared air n all so ea sub gets about 1.25 cu per. I know this is pretty slim air space and sealed would be better but i really prefer ported plus less air space = better power handling. its bottom port facing back (28.5 long by 2 high) :( I know like i said i f'd up things a bit

Any way it still pounds and the lows are pretty nice -- i havnt metered it yet but im def somewhere in the mid 140's 44's maybe as high as 46's

I had two HD 12 XFL's @ 1ohm and on a TL it did a 145 something

any way i really would like to rebuild said box and my prob is tht the trunk is so crammed the sound waves need more space to venture into the cabin.

I want to know if port forward would be better on the mic and what effects might it have on the sq

btw the seats fold down :) I def rebuilding sometime

i just need some idears of the design

Any help at all would be appreciated thanks :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Welp as usual no body replies :sobs:

anyway i was wankin' on my way to work as usual and i turned it down a bit at the stop light. when turning it back up it sounded very different to the ear. at least enuff to be like wtf??!?

i tested all the speaker wires and each sub comes out to 2ohm, and i cant notice anything out of wak with the box ie:. broken panel/ collapse or and thing wrong with ne of the subs.

ima pull it all out tom and get a better look see

advice as always is appreciated.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

i know you know it already, but sell those subs, get 2, yes only 2, good subs, and do a great box

2 12's in a great box with the power you have will not only sound better, but get louder than 4 questionable subs in a suffocating box

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yea i got those subs due to $$$ constraints and at $50 retail per i thought it was kinda a steal. i was also looking at PA p1's or american bass XD's and i am happy with these subs. i mean budget here was the key and even if i had settled for 2 12's and spent 100 on each i would have ended up with something similar to these fubar's. in the end i like em alot i guess and the only truely motivating reason to move to two is for the airspace.

i would need 2 beefy subs to handle my 3kd and i dont exactly have beefy sub money tear, but if and one would like to donate oh idk some dc lvl 4's or something im game [j/k]

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

So I pulled it out today.. not good i cant find anything wrong with the box or ne of the subs, all the subs ohm out good so i havnt lost a coil but when the volume goes up it sounds VERY BAD like the subs are blown or playing free air or something idk! I pulled the remote wire what can i do?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

A started a new thread as the topic title doesnt alude to the discussion at hand.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Welp as usual no body replies :sobs:

anyway i was wankin' on my way to work as usual and i turned it down a bit at the stop light. when turning it back up it sounded very different to the ear. at least enuff to be like wtf??!?

i tested all the speaker wires and each sub comes out to 2ohm, and i cant notice anything out of wak with the box ie:. broken panel/ collapse or and thing wrong with ne of the subs.

ima pull it all out tom and get a better look see

advice as always is appreciated.

were you wangin or wankin? I should hope you werent beatin off drivin down the road, lol.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

were you wangin or wankin? I should hope you werent beatin off drivin down the road, lol.

lol funny but seriously .. both

?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived