Sonic Electronix

250-300 rms? so they will actually take 500 to 600 watts. I think something like 1200 watts would be better because you have a 2.67 or 1.33 ohm load. I think you should probably build a new box, with the right airspace and ports, see how it sounds and if you want more throw a bigger amp on them. A properly sized box will sound so much better than a box thats not to spec.

Yea I knew that was coming. Im basically trying to avoid new boxes just because i really dont want to go any bigger on the boxes because as of right now i can fit 2 passengers in the back and id like to keep it that way. The only way i see the box under the seat getting bigger is i could go about 2-3 inches wider on each side but that would barely increase the airspace because of the shape of the box. The specs say sealed 1-2 cu ft and ported 2-3. This is why i was skepticle to try the ports to begin with, but after a few people on here that seemed to be pretty legit told me the ported box will always do better than a sealed box i tried it and it is doing a little better. Also in a couple of years im planning on getting a bigger truck when i finish payin off this one, upgrading to a 2500 crew cab so i was gonna try to hold off on making new boxes until then when Ill have a bunch more space.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

well then how much is your budget?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

well then how much is your budget?

Well it depends, For an amp 300ish, for boxes 2-300, but if someone local can help me out, come up with some ideas to make my setup way better and someone that would help me build it all or put it all together and set it up id be willing to spend a little more because im not trying to bullshit anyone my creativity isnt very good and designing boxes for subs and wiring things properly arent really my specialty and I would hate to screw something up doing it myself and wasting a bunch of money simply because i dont have all the know how and a full understanding of everything I would be doing

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

well for that 300 buck your could get a audioque 1200 for 249 and that do good power and for like 120 buck more you could get the audioque 2200 so that way later on down the road you have a good amp to power better speakers

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

its not all bout the size of the box..

its how a pro would build it.

with prefabs you have alot of dead space.

best bang for the buck... have a good shop build you a box

then buy an amp later.

and just use 2 of the subs

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I guess i should do some shopping around I just havent even bothered because before tweeter went out of business around here i was talking to one of the install guys there and he was saying they charge like 300 for a custom box for 2 12s over 200 for just 1 15, I just kind of feel like thats a bit overpriced considering the wood would only cost about 50-80 bucks. I dont know im just stuck right now because i really want someone to be able to see and hear my setup in person and tell me face to face what i could do and help me out. Im willing to work I just lack the know how of building custom fit boxes with the right specs. And i know its me being picky but im really not willing to sacrafice the passenger space.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I guess i should do some shopping around I just havent even bothered because before tweeter went out of business around here i was talking to one of the install guys there and he was saying they charge like 300 for a custom box for 2 12s over 200 for just 1 15, I just kind of feel like thats a bit overpriced considering the wood would only cost about 50-80 bucks. I dont know im just stuck right now because i really want someone to be able to see and hear my setup in person and tell me face to face what i could do and help me out. Im willing to work I just lack the know how of building custom fit boxes with the right specs. And i know its me being picky but im really not willing to sacrafice the passenger space.

I should have done the system a year ago before i bought my boat and snowmobile this is why im kinda trying to keep myself to a budget. Im sure most of you can relate seems like most of you guys have a lot of toys too.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I should have done the system a year ago before i bought my boat and snowmobile this is why im kinda trying to keep myself to a budget. Im sure most of you can relate seems like most of you guys have a lot of toys too.

I think it was ray that told me theres some crazy amount of space under my seat I dont remember exactly i think it was over 4 cubes, I just dont understand how to put all that to use, the box i have now barely fits under there and its 1 cuft per chamber. I understand that with a REAL box for the subs, the sound quality will be much better but will it make it a good amount louder. This is probably my inexperience talking but i dont see how i could get much louder without getting a better amp.(especially one that wont cut out when i bump it hard for a few minutes.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I think it was ray that told me theres some crazy amount of space under my seat I dont remember exactly i think it was over 4 cubes, I just dont understand how to put all that to use, the box i have now barely fits under there and its 1 cuft per chamber. I understand that with a REAL box for the subs, the sound quality will be much better but will it make it a good amount louder. This is probably my inexperience talking but i dont see how i could get much louder without getting a better amp.(especially one that wont cut out when i bump it hard for a few minutes.

I actually just got an email back from emperoji i think his forum name is , the dude sellin the refurb rockford t1000's he said he can do it for 275 shipped, So if i was going to get a new amp which one would suit me better, that 1000 or the audioque 1200 which is 250 before shipping so im guessing it would be just about the same price.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I actually just got an email back from emperoji i think his forum name is , the dude sellin the refurb rockford t1000's he said he can do it for 275 shipped, So if i was going to get a new amp which one would suit me better, that 1000 or the audioque 1200 which is 250 before shipping so im guessing it would be just about the same price.

If i was to get a better amp would My 4 gauge wire be alright or would I have to go to 0 or should I figure out how to do the big 3 and do that too?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3