Sonic Electronix

Crazy ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 2 15"s and a 10 " or 2 10"s and a 15" sub ?

• 2 15" subs and 10" sub
    • 2 10" subs and 15" sub

whats wrong with kicker? *hiding behing flame shield* I know they are a huge company compared to DC and Fi but i gots them...i will be switching out of them soon but if the man wants kickers, i say he get the kickers. if that is what he likes, then so be it. we all have our different tastes in audio. just my .02 :ph34r:

Team Bass-Hz

what pricerange do you have to use for your amps and subs? 400 per sub, 400 an amp or so? or what? ill help you out to the best of my knowledge

thanks for understanding ok im just gonna plainly say like this...

I AM A DUMB NOOB KID AT THIS WHOLE THING ok i thought i knew something but i guess i understand nothing.... i am simply tryin to understand and learn from everyone and research...and learn more...im not dumb or illerate or not knowledged about this i know some things...and i am setting goals for myself and i am planning things i am doin all of this yall are saying but i guess my idea was a badd one yall basically said it is stupid pointless and worthless to even mix match the subs...i thought my idea was awsome and it would sound great after i put the door speakers and tweeters in but way yall are talking makes my idea sound stupid and not even worth it and like im dumb...i am not knowldged as much as everyone here is but i am tryin to get there and i kno nothings just gonna happen overnite...nothing ever does...i get that and have learned it...

spend time researching and learning i have been for awhile and i guess i didnt learn anything because i sure thought i did...

my budget aint amazingly big i am a kid anyone notice that i am only 16 and just getting license ??

i work when i can and make any money i can...

I am wanting a nice system that will sound lound that aint super gosh dang expensive like all yalls....

i will get there one day but atm not now...

chris from MI that looks crazy haha never seen that before...thats insane...wow..be weird...

and mines automatic just throwing out there...but yes its similar...

For last time...My truck is in my picture...i know not super big but its there you can get jist of it and everything...

heck its a 88 chevy s10 blazer utility sport truck or w.e...

Just everyone thanks for helping and bashing it all out on me ...i learned and dont care i guess if thats way yall want to go about it by bashing it happens ill take it and learn...wont be super happy bout it but w.e...

I just simply want a good system for my truck thats not super dang expensive..my plan was 2 15"s a 10" in middle of them and tweeters and door and back speakers...that was my plan and i thought man its gonna sound amazing but yall say no its stupid and not a good idea shouldnt do ??

well then please say hey no you should maybe look at this brand and get these many and this size it is cheaper and hits same or harder...

thanks

whats wrong with kicker? *hiding behing flame shield* I know they are a huge company compared to DC and Fi but i gots them...i will be switching out of them soon but if the man wants kickers, i say he get the kickers. if that is what he likes, then so be it. we all have our different tastes in audio. just my .02 :ph34r:

LOL thanks and nice flame shield you might need it...

im not stuck on kickers tho like ive said b4 i just like them alot...like others but hey comon now like you said everyone has their fav taste

Can you please stop with the pity party and stop acting like we are calling you dumb. You have said you arent stupid and not illiterate probably 10 times now in both of your threads. We get the point.

What we are trying to tell you is to do some research before making a purchase. We arent saying this because it benefits you, we are saying this because we want you to get the best bang for your buck. I honestly could care less what you buy, but if I can save you from the mainstream crap, I will at least make an attempt.

I honestly could care less what you buy, but if I can save you from the mainstream crap, I will at least make an attempt.

I thought RF subs were the greatest thing in the world for a long time. I have since learned how wrong i was.

Look dude, I have an S-10, 1994. Its lowered 5/7 on 18" centerlines, low-pro kumhos, custom front bumper & valence, 98' front clip, cowl hood, custom paint, all that stuff. its great for a while but it gets expensive and can make the truck almost impractical. So a 3/4 drop isnt so bad but once you want to go totally custom (sounds like you do) things can get out of hand.

As far as a system, these guys will tell you. its not about kicker, kenwood, infinity or anything else best buy sells. Its about RE, Soundstream, Clif designs, Selenium, Fi, Audiopipe, Sundown, a lot of brands that you dont hear about everyday. your design needs some work. 2 15's, 3 12's, 4 10's, all will give you more than enough bass if your willing to take the time to build the right box, get the right amps, 0 or 4 gauge wire, all the good stuff. Take your time and dont be afriad to spend some extra money for the right parts bc it will definately be worth it in the long run. You have been 16 years with no bass, dont rush it now.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

I would spend the majority of the money deadning the whole truck first. I'm sure the whole truck will rattle like a tin can and it shouldn't take much as small as it is to get the major spots. You will be much happier when you actually do get bass if its deadened.

Oh2Tahoe

Headunit Jvc Kd-avx11

Components Memphis MCSQ6.5 front and back

Component Amps2 Pioneer Gm5400T

Subs 4 Fully Loaded BTL 18's

Sub Amps 4 PS1 5500d amps (End of May will be 4 Memphis 4k)

Box 22 cubes tuned to 30 hz

Alternator 1 250 amp 1 300 amp

Batteries 3 yellowtops

Wire 0/1 gauge tsunami to batteries, 4 gauge from batteries

Looks like u love to type isnt it, can u learn me? :D

Try not to talk so much, try to learn.

Read the forums and im sure u find a setup u like.

It looks like u dont want to learn the easy way imo, the guys here know what they talk about.

Here is the thing, this is a great website to gain knowledge if you are listening to the right people. And the right people are saying to read, research, listed and learn. I think the thing this site misses is the basic knowledge of car audio and electronics because it is generally accepted that you should have some idea of this stuff. My suggestion (with all the others that say learn first) is to read the following two books:

Car Stereo Cookbook by Mark Rumreich

Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems by Tony Candela

and if you really want to understand audio sound read:

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason (very hard to get this one)

Do not use these books for the build, just learn the basics from them. This coupled with the fine people that reply to posts from SMD and checking out other builds should give you everything you need to build a great first system. It is all that I used with a little help from my son.

I have one custom build under my belt and it is not perfect, however for a first build I have heard very good things about it and it sounds great. Oh, in only have $1300 into my build.

I sure hope this helps.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Two MB Quart RSH 10" subs

Fusion 6.5" PowerPlant components (front)

Fusion 5.25" PowerPlant components (back)

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

All in my 2 seater Nissan 300zx

Check out my 1st Custom Build

Yeah i gotcha and i understand just do more research and yall trying to get me good sound and screw big companys and save a buck or two...

i have heard of audiopipe and i love them i already have 15" audiopipe speaker with 1200 wat directed amp and 1.5 farad cap....

LOL so not going with kicker or kenwood aint a prob with me i am actually looking for another audiopipe 15" like mine and maybe a 10" idk if i want that or not lol but i do look at other brands and thanks for trying to save me and man does this 15" sound awsome!!!! lol...like audiopipe is a great amazing brand i would refer to anyone instead of spending alot of money on kicker or kenwood lol

LOW i like your truck to be honest if i could i would lower mine more and when i was on the s10forums guy said the stuff that i was thinking about buying would set me for a 5/6 drop which would be amazing because i want to be low and look awsome...i just hope it wont suck on speed bumps and scrap only thing would suck lol...

what you mean deadending tho dude ?

and yeah ima keep reading up dont worry about that heck ive done so much reading on lowering like i actually understand it and i still keep tp learn something it seems everyday about it...

if u build everything right it doesn't matter what brand you use dB's will come

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

So bascially...

If i do do the 2 15"s (audiopipe all da way) and a 10" (audioipe)...i would need another amp or id have to sell my 1200 watt one and buy a bigger prob 2000 or 2400 watt amp right ? and that would just be enough to prob power the two 15"s....then id also need another cap if i did this idk how big...

So what if i did just the 2 15"s..(audioipe when i find another same like mine already)

Would it sound good ? without the 10" or would 10" make it sound better because it would give it mid bass ?

because yall said just stick to like 2 15"s and all that stuff and im tryin to figure how to be smart about this and not spend O.D money and have nice sounding truck...

but everyone voteing for me to do the 2 15"s and 10".....but i would need way bigger amp and another cap or way bigger cap...right ?

but if i only did the 2 15"s and had door speakers dash speakers and tweeters it would sound nice and clean and i would be able to turn it up...but i would still need bigger amp and cap wouldnt i ?

Like i am just trying to figure out what a good set up would be since i already have 1 15" audioipe sub in box and 1200 watt directed amp and a 1.5 farad cap....i know if i just put door speakers in and way back speakers in and tweeters or w.e it would sound awsome because i had just the 15" and my amp and cap it was loud and sounded awsome jsut i wanted more...(yeah i think i caught that dang bug...lol) but i want to be able to turn it up and listen to music also...

so just trying to figure out a good set up i could get/use for my truck on a good budget...(all audiopipes..subs)...and would sound great....

i know wat yall been saying the whole time but anyone remind me then and say some good set ups to go along with my stuff

or should i just stay and get door speakers and dash speakers tweeters and way back speakers ?

thanks everyone... :D

Archived