Sorry to bother you all with my BS, but my mom is in th hospital. About 6 months ago when she lived in Mi. still she had what we were told at the time was a stroke and that she was suffering from TIA's(mini strokes like a aftershock from a quake)but this seems to not be the case.

Sis took her to Riverside last night and after a MRI and Cat scan they ruled out the TIA's and are very concerned about nervous system malfunstions..

Like a bad solder joint in the nerves or something..

any way she keeps shutting off, like restarting the Puter, doesnt know where she is, who anyone is, and its gotten where she will have an episode just about every day now.

Sorry to clog up forum space, but my mom is the SHIT! and im just really upset with the fact here we are 6 months later and still at square 1 with what is actually wrong.

Luv ya Momz

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

damn, sorry to hear all that. Best of luck bro......... TIA's recovery time should be very quick (1-5 minutes) How long does it take mom to recover from the "restart?" over 5 minutes? Has she fallen anytime recently, or even hit her head? Might there be a subdural hematoma, and intracranial pressure is "forcing" on the brain region. This would cause S/S of similar distinction. G/L, Think positive!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

damn, sorry to hear all that. Best of luck bro......... TIA's recovery time should be very quick (1-5 minutes) How long does it take mom to recover from the "restart?" over 5 minutes? Has she fallen anytime recently, or even hit her head? Might there be a subdural hematoma, and intracranial pressure is "forcing" on the brain region. This would cause S/S of similar distinction. G/L, Think positive!

Umm, she averages about 10mins to recover, and hasnt smacked her noggin as far as i know. She did have one time where it took her almost an hour to "come back" that was a really scarry day.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

jeez r u an emt-b or I/P?

if B then u really know ur stuff lol...

sorry to hear about your mom keep your head up bro...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

jeez r u an emt-b or I/P?

if B then u really know ur stuff lol...

sorry to hear about your mom keep your head up bro...

I am an EMT-I........

From the outside looking in, I would guess on 2 things. Sounds like a "Sympathetic Nervous System issue" and here is why: Sounds like she is vasodialating (Veins, vessels open up majorly causing huge amount of blood flow, but with lower pressure) Is anyone getting vital signs when she is "down"? Is blood pressure anywhere near 120/80 or is it more like 99/65? Pulse? Also, now this may sound weird, but right before the episode begins, is there anything in the room that might be "Scaring" her? I've seen some psychogenic shock episode, where all it would take is a CAT to enter the room, and the PT would collapse.

I am an EMT-I........

From the outside looking in, I would guess on 2 things. Sounds like a "Sympathetic Nervous System issue" and here is why: Sounds like she is vasodialating (Veins, vessels open up majorly causing huge amount of blood flow, but with lower pressure) Is anyone getting vital signs when she is "down"? Is blood pressure anywhere near 120/80 or is it more like 99/65? Pulse? Also, now this may sound weird, but right before the episode begins, is there anything in the room that might be "Scaring" her? I've seen some psychogenic shock episode, where all it would take is a CAT to enter the room, and the PT would collapse.

See i shoulda just posted along time ago!!

I have noticed if she is stressed about something she says she has a headache, then within the hour she has a episode. Can i take her vitals somehow when it happens? i have no idea how or what i would need to, but anything to help at this point ya know.

Thanks for all the kind words too, I now mom needs all the support she can right now.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

So i just got the word, they are gonna transfer her to the Nuero unit at OSU and get to the bottom of this. They are gonna call when she is over there so i can go see her.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Does she, or is she on any hypertention meds (high blood pressure)???? This is important to know. The onset of a TIA attack is usually abrupt. The specific S/S depend on the area of the brain effected. Any one or a combo f a stroke symptoms may be present. It is virtually impossible to determine whether such a neurologic event is due to a stoke or a TIA in the pre hospital setting.The most common cause of a TIA is CAROTID ARTERY DISEASE! Other causes can be something like a small embolous (sp?) decreased heart (cardiac) output, hypotention (low blood pressure) overmedicating with anti hypertensive medss. Does any of this sound familiar?