Sonic Electronix

I sent the below email to the FI Audio recone department a few weeks ago but with know response. Im posting this here hoping someone can give me some guidence.

I have a 18in sub that I would like to have reconed. I'm not sure if it is a FI sub or from another company. I belive at one time it was a RE that was rebuilt with FI soft parts. I would like to rebuild it myself with FI parts but Im not sure of the specs that FI needs to know in order to send me the proper recone kit. On the order form in asks if its a dual 1Ohm or dual 2Ohm and ifs its the old two stack or three. I have provided pics of the sub to help. I can provide better pics if needed

1010418.jpg

1010420.jpg

FI is like that. they take FOREVER to return a email or answer any questions.

i can't see pictures of the sub on my computer right now or i would tell you what kind of sub it is and what you need but....

the whole dual 1 or 2 ohm is whatever you would want it to be for the new sub. if your amp is 1 ohm stable then you would want a dual 2 ohm.

I had the same troubles a while back and i contacted rusty at DC audio. his soft parts dropped right into my RE SX and i reconed it myself in about 15 minutes. DC recones are cheaper then RE and FI.

wish i could see the picture.

It looks like the old 2 stack and as far as ohms, measure using a dmm.

Car: 2003 Lincoln Town Car

Subs: 2 MTX 8512-44

Amp: MTX TA7801

Power: Stock Alt/Battery

Wire: 0 Gauge Stinger Power/Ground

HU: Dual XDVD8181 7" Monitor

Other: 2 Farad Power Acoustik Power Cap

Automotive Technician at Bryden Motors, Beloit WI

If it looks like this that to me it does from the pics its a RE XXX>>>>>>>>>> and if its de same i have de re recone dont remember what load but. get back to me if u want it.......Hope i help good luck

FI015.jpg[/img]

FI013.jpg[/img]

02g power wire

sundown saz 3500

digital desing 95F

selenium

mechman alt. 250 amp

If it looks like this that to me it does from the pics its a RE XXX>>>>>>>>>> and if its de same i have de re recone dont remember what load but. get back to me if u want it.......Hope i help good luck

FI015.jpg[/img]

FI013.jpg[/img]

If its a dual two Ohm I'll take it. Let me know

Archived