Sundown Audio

a little epoxy or ca glue can't fix.
Gorilla Tape, Liquid Nails, JB Weld whatever holds. lol

You guys forgot bubble gum...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

The box is not completely done. It's only good enough to play right now. There was an event at the local dragstrip that I was in a hurry to get to so time got cut really short.

This thing sounds great and gets low & plenty loud. No good #s yet though. It'll play Jeezy - Put On full tilt without breaking a sweat. Yes even the low note. Lil Jon & Ying Yang Twins - Get Low also sounds great. I played Flo Rida - Sugar (constant bass line peaks @ 40hz) full tilt through the entire song and the subs didn't sweat it a bit. Not even the slightest smell. I did take one vid with my digicam. However, because I was sitting in the truck with my arm leaning across the seat the vibrations through my arm shook the hell out the camera. I didn't realize until I got home and looked at it how bad it was.

Now for the bad news. I was in such a hurry to get it done that I cut several corners. The box is only single layered without any bracing. It didn't even get any screws. Just some TiteBond and brad nails. After playing music all the way there as soon as started playing tones to find out where exactly it's peaking the freakin side of the box blew apart. Still managed a 149.3db legal with the side of the box flapping like crazy. I tried taping the seams with Gorilla Tape but the entire side let loose. Oh well, that's what I get for being in a hurry.

I stopped by my shop on the way home and got it fixed up. A little glue, resin, and some screws got it in playable condition again. Hopefully I can find someplace open in the morning that has threaded rod so I can have this thing braced for the competition I'm going to tomorrow afternoon.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg