Alright since i bought this 92 ford mustang I have attempted to put several different (wood) sub boxes in it and have not been satisfied. So I finally went out and bought materials to fiberglass a custom box to fit in my trunk (i know most of you have seen mustang trunks and how small they are, especially the older models) So b4 i get started anyone have any tips i should know on what to do or what not to do?

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

Alright since i bought this 92 ford mustang I have attempted to put several different (wood) sub boxes in it and have not been satisfied. So I finally went out and bought materials to fiberglass a custom box to fit in my trunk (i know most of you have seen mustang trunks and how small they are, especially the older models) So b4 i get started anyone have any tips i should know on what to do or what not to do?

Ummm tips....

1) Read the directions

2) Take your time wrapping will save you ALOT of sanding later

3) Don't be heavy handed with the MEKP

4) Work in small areas and take your time so you don't get overwhelmed

5) Take YOUR time....can't stress this enough....if you take your time it will pay off in the end

6) Final and most importantly read as many of Tim's (GroundPounder's) threads as possible....!

Good luck and have fun.....

edit: Oh yeah and one more thing after sanding the fiberglass and your all itchy be sure and take a COLD shower.... hot water opens your pores, cold water makes your pores smaller so the fiberglass doesn't get stuck in there and make you itch for days or weeks.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

If you need some help you should go to the "Tim-ay......aka Groundpounder2k2's Corner" the link is http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hp?showforum=67

He's real good at fiberglass work, so if you don't learn something by just looking at his section you could shoot him a pm and I'm sure he'll be glad to help.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k