DC Sound Lab

Tuning frequency for box for Level 3 12's?

why not just ask him what his recommendation is for your port freq? i mean you should trust the opinion of the guy whos building your box LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

why not just ask him what his recommendation is for your port freq? i mean you should trust the opinion of the guy whos building your box LOL
If you had read the thread you would have seen that I was under the impression that the specs of the sub dictated what frequency the box needed to be tuned to, then you wouldn't have had to ask such a question or make the snide comment. ;)

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

i read the thread, im still saying you could just ask him as well... and i was saying you should just trust him.. but if you want to be a smart ass you should tune to 80hz to match up with your freq of the head unit :P:wub:

JK bro :) dont take it seriously

*edit to add more smiley faces

:excl::ph34r: :ph34r: :drunk: :cray::lazy::drinks::friends:

*more edit

if your going for sound quality, do sealed, if you really do want to go ported, 35hz will hit the lows as well as the highs, but sealed has a wide range of frequencys it can pick up

Edited by Army_guy614

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i read the thread, im still saying you could just ask him as well... and i was saying you should just trust him..

if your going for sound quality, do sealed, if you really do want to go ported, 35hz will hit the lows as well as the highs, but sealed has a wide range of frequencys it can pick up

I was ignorant to the fact that it's not a spec dictated thing as much as it is a personal preference, which is why I didn't ask him. Had I known then what I know now, we wouldn't be having this convo. I assumed it was a spec dictated thing by the fact that Image Dynamics specify the frequency to tune to for their subs. I wasn't able to find the same info for the DC subs, hence, this thread.

But this thread has given me a new perspective, I think I will take your advice and go sealed.

I already have a ported box for my current build, but after seeing Thumpers skills I wanted to upgrade. But instead of paying for another ported enclosure it makes more sense to build my own sealed, especially since my current subs are more SQ than SPL and since SQ is my system goal. I guess I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity and see what i've been missing out on since I've been running sealed boxes for quite a while now.

yeah man, my dad just sealed up his box he was ported at 35hz, and he gained such a wider band of freq's he could play and he loved it LOL

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=48649

if you wanted to ask him, theres his thread. But yes, i hope the sealed works out for you bro !!

Team DC Audio

yeah man, my dad just sealed up his box he was ported at 35hz, and he gained such a wider band of freq's he could play and he loved it LOL

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=48649

if you wanted to ask him, theres his thread. But yes, i hope the sealed works out for you bro !!

I read that thread the other day, nice install you guys did there.

I'm going to run my ported box for a while, listen to all my different genres on my Zune, get used to the sound. Then at some point I'll build the sealed box and put that in there and see which of the two I prefer. I'm getting more and more juiced the more I think about building my own box.

Alright bro, so what did you figure out where you wanted to tune it to?

Team DC Audio

Alright bro, so what did you figure out where you wanted to tune it to?
My current ported box is tuned to 30Hz per ID specs. I was trying to figure out tuning frequency for a new box I wanted Thumper to build for me but have since decided, with your help, to go sealed instead so no more worrying about tuning frequency. I'll just use my current ported box, which is on the large end of the spectrum for my ID's and would be as well for the DC's (Level 3), for when I want to pound, and the sealed box for my daily SQ setup.

When I get the Level 3's I'll likely have them in the ported box and the ID's in the sealed.