Fucking Radillac Problems ! Kev Kev ?

4 i attempt to drive and the engine is knocking or something... "almost dies and has lil power"

this statement from above then leads me back to bad gas. Typically knocking comes from lack of octane. Have you tried draining your tank as stated above? It could be either bad gas or sediment. How much fuel have you run through the new filter? It might be wise to run some fuel off and then pull that filter and inspect it.

about.... 40 gallons... i've asked my grandpa about this problem and he said to put a 1/4 of quart of transmission fluid into the tank for every 10 gallons so... i put about 3/5 of a quart into it and running the gas through... "not driving just burning the gas"... i think its running a little better but i haven't driven it yet...

i've put like 3 fuel injector cleaner into my car the past 3 tanks "although my car is carb not fuel injected"

do you have product u recommend ? whats sediment ? and maybe i should just put regular gas instead of premium ?

BTW i haven't drained my gas... just used the gas that was older... it has fairly new gas in it...

Edited by Coolwazabi

First of all, putting transmission fluid into your fuel tank is about the dumbest thing I have heard. This use to be a trick on old tracters, as off road diesel fuel didn't have all of the lubricants that todays fuels have. So farmers used to use transmission fluid as a lube. Todays motors are not designed for these kinds of fluids and it will cause more harm than good.

it really sounds like a fuel or carb issue. I'd personally drop the car off at a mechanic to be tuned.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

First of all, putting transmission fluid into your fuel tank is about the dumbest thing I have heard. This use to be a trick on old tracters, as off road diesel fuel didn't have all of the lubricants that todays fuels have. So farmers used to use transmission fluid as a lube. Todays motors are not designed for these kinds of fluids and it will cause more harm than good.

it really sounds like a fuel or carb issue. I'd personally drop the car off at a mechanic to be tuned.

Yes, but he has a mid 70's caddy.

if he adjusted the carb while the wires were all mixed around... then wires were set right would that effect the tuning ?

For God's sake yes. :blink::excl:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Just logically thinking, if the carb was tuned before all the wires were where they were supposed to be, wouldn't that screw something up somewhere? I don't know a lot about engines & stuff, but that does seem like a logical explination for thinking it may be the tuning right?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.