Fucking Radillac Problems ! Kev Kev ?

ok.. when i start the car the idles real high and won't idle down until i pump some gas "maybe this is normal.. maybe not idk.."

when i start driving "especially from stop".. it starts to lose power and almost shuts off and kinda starts shaking & kick'n... "sometimes it does shut off.. then it rolls :blink: " <-- whats up with that ?

and to top it off...

while in D "drive" the car shakes...over time it shakes more... "as if the belt was slipping... which it ain't" <-- i was thinkin maybe the fuel filter... its be... oh... like over 28 years since its been replaced.. *good idea or not really?*

now... i already replaced all the plugs, cap, coil, etc. "tune up" so i know it cannot be that... i was thinkin it was the catalytic converter "yes my car has one.." my mechanic friend said after awile they get full or shit and then must be replaced...

ALSO ! i noticed there is this black shit coming out of my exhaust... i think its soot.. but i ain't not mechanic guru..

Well thanks ok bye.. :lol:

What model vehicle you have?? I would say Replace fuel filter for sure...Does the vehicle have a carb or is it fuel injected?? Sounds to me like this baby just needs to be cleaned out real good...Have you ever heard of Sea Foam?? I would run it through my Intake manifold and let it clean some stuff out... As far as the car shaking in Drive..That could be a number of things..First clean that baby out...

What model vehicle you have?? I would say Replace fuel filter for sure...Does the vehicle have a carb or is it fuel injected?? Sounds to me like this baby just needs to be cleaned out real good...Have you ever heard of Sea Foam?? I would run it through my Intake manifold and let it clean some stuff out... As far as the car shaking in Drive..That could be a number of things..First clean that baby out...

it has a carb "which i replaced about 2 months ago" and whats sea foam and where do i put it ? i used a sludge cleaner when i changed my oil and it busted my oil pump...

and whats a knock sensor ? :blink:

its a 1979 cadillac coupe deville... 425 v8.. 4 barrel carb.

dEFINATELY REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER, ALSO HAVE YOUR TANK FLUSHED DOG, JUST DID THAT TO THE G.F.'S MOMS TRUCK (94 f/s chevy) AND IT RUNS 100%BETTER!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

dEFINATELY REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER, ALSO HAVE YOUR TANK FLUSHED DOG, JUST DID THAT TO THE G.F.'S MOMS TRUCK (94 f/s chevy) AND IT RUNS 100%BETTER!

how much u think it cost ? i can get the part for the $75.. but i'm not that advanced in the fuel area... and the local shop charger $50 and hour "thats with my pimp discount"... u think it would be about $175 ?

sOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, HER FILTER WAS UNDER THE TRUCK ALONG THE FUEL RAIL THOUGH....SO i CANNOT BE TOO CERTAIN.

f'in caps lock...

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg