Fucking Radillac Problems ! Kev Kev ?

if he adjusted the carb while the wires were all mixed around... then wires were set right would that effect the tuning ?

Big Time. As resistance changes..everything changes!

Chris - Per your comment about it being a 70's caddy...Here is the problem. Tranny fluid is not combustable. Flammable yes, combustable no. So what happens with the tranny fluid in which can not be blasted out of the exhaust chamber? It creates a scenario called piston wash down. What happens, is that the fluid sits in the combustion chamber and starts working it's way down the piston chambers (remember, the fluid doesn't combust) and eventually mixes with the oil. Oil as it is used starts oxidating, which makes it acidic. So when you add a lubricant with an acidic substance, you get a chemical reaction that makes the oil even more acidic. So this fluid starts eating away the engine at a faster than normal pace. The only way to get it out is to thoroughly flush out all of the oil. This is not a good scenario to be in

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

ok... i done re adjusted the carb according to the book, my engine and all that stuff to the T... thats great !!! but... when the engine is cold... it has a super hard time getting started and even when its started it will shut off a couple seconds later... when the engine is warm and has ran a little it drive great... smooth and everything...

also...

while adjusting the carb... i noticed my exhaust fumes were changing colors... to white... grey... and tar black.. even like piece of soot flying out... i adjusted it until it wasn't notice able so i think i did that well? idk...

please help kev.. ok thanks bye...

It sounds like you are about there..good job. Does your carb have an idle adjustment? If so I'd crank it up just a tad. Sounds like she is idling low.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

It sounds like you are about there..good job. Does your carb have an idle adjustment? If so I'd crank it up just a tad. Sounds like she is idling low.

yeah i'll give it a shot... i was messing with it... it turned it until it was shaking then gave it like about a 1/4 turn.. which isn't much but just enough to improve it...