i have a 03 blazer, the stock cluster is boring to say the least..., i have seen people redo them with blue L.E.D.'s, i tryed to follow the thread on s10 forum but got confused, plus the pics arent there anymore, anyways i was wondering what bulds i needed, how many, an if someone could tell me the basic steps involved

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

Give me about a week and I'll be done with my truck and friends truck. As of now almost all dash illumination and buttons are done with mine, and most of hers done. 03 silverado (mine) and 05 sierra (friends)

0618092031.jpg

0629090024.jpg

0627091741a.jpg

Kinda was going to keep this as a surprise but oh well. Just wait till I'm 100% done.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

0618092031.jpg
:blink: green buttons on the alpine unit? nice. mine only does red and blue, did you change it? Edited by Gibbs

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Think this would work on a '96 Grand Prix? What would it take to do it? Or can it not be done if your gauges light up a certain color? Mine are stock, but they light up red which I HATE. I would love to do them blue.

Too many projects, too little time...

Id like to know too. I have a 2000 cavalier that odometer light broke so cant see the mileage. Id like to make them blue. I think you need something besides just the led light i may be wrong...

Edited by dccavalier

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I would suggest using aluminum foil on the back of the cluster to spread out the light, so your hot spots are spread out more.

I read you have to use 4 3.4 + or - volt led's wired in series to get a voltage of higher then 12 volts so they dont blow is it possible to just use one led and what would be needed?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I read you have to use 4 3.4 + or - volt led's wired in series to get a voltage of higher then 12 volts so they dont blow is it possible to just use one led and what would be needed?

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I think you're putting way too much thought into it. It's basic electronics theory, the vehicle gives out 12v from the bat, and 14v at run, and the LED needs 3v. Make the circuit for the LED safe up to 14.5v and you're good to go.

Alot of these replies are confusing.

I guess to whoever said are they dimming? No they don't dim on their own, the dimmer controls all of the lighting. No they don't flicker, my first run of LED swap had the wrong value resistor by just a tad too much, and cheap LED's and a few had failed, but now It's all good.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

sooo umm about my original question... thanks for the replies but none of them answered the questions

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s