Sonic Electronix

Has anyone ever ran the 16v Kinetik under their hood with the 12v to the car and the 16v post to the other batteries in the back if so pease let me know how well it workd

from what I know, your not supposed to do that, they say to switch between the 12v and 16v side...if you put the 16v side to your amps....what will run your car? it doesn't sound like you have another batt to run your car....how are you charging the 16v side to?

EDIT. you have the 16v side running to other batts??? now I might be mistaken, but I dont think thats a good idea...I will look into it, but I think thats a no no.

I too heard the same thing. I have to contact Kinetik to ask same question. I also heard though, that if you connect the 12V post to the 12V post of the bank of batteries, that you should be okay.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

I too heard the same thing. I have to contact Kinetik to ask same question. I also heard though, that if you connect the 12V post to the 12V post of the bank of batteries, that you should be okay.

ya, but I think this guy has his 12v side hooked to the car as his car battery, and at the same time is running a power wire from his 16v side to batts in the back. i dont think you can use the 2 sides at the same time, and he is using 16volts to power multiple 12v batts in the back at the same time....????....

ok, how are you charging the 16v side, intelle-charger? how many are you running? are you using them for your car batt ot just your amp?

With my 2 alts ....these batterys have to be charged with 18.6 or more ...right know i have 11 in my truck ....and yes you use both sides @ the same time <its a must >meaning you have to tie all the 12 volts together also ...

per kintic i was told to charge at a high 19 to 20 volts 18 and under is still under charging them also i have a bank of 15 hc16v one under the hood that hooks up to my car 12 volt and the 16 volt side ran to the back for the other 14 16v's i have a suburban and have no problems with just one running my truck under the hood alos i did not link all the 12 volt sides 2gether just the 16v side and been rinning them for a year no problems

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Thanks for the info guys, I have 2 19v alts from powermaster and I didnt wanna have to run two right at the moment. And I wanted to run one 16v kinetik under the hood and 5 powermaster 16v batts in the back. So I wanted to run the 12v side to my car and the 16v post to the batts in the back.

I have the all six batts just wated to make sure I would be able to do that

Archived