FI BL vs. Dc lvl 4 w/lvl 5 parts

FI BL VS DC LVL 4 W/ lvl 5 parts  

46 members have voted

1. 1. which would be better

• FI BL
    • DC LVL 4 W/ lvl 5 parts

You don't want to do that.

If you are overdriving it and getting it smelly with a coil wired to a higher impedance you are only going to get way worse results by wiring it even lower..

.5ohm nominal load you are attempting to produce twice as much current than you are voltage, at that point you are doing nothing but creating even more heat..as current is the driving force in electricity, not voltage.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

You don't want to do that.

If you are overdriving it and getting it smelly with a coil wired to a higher impedance you are only going to get way worse results by wiring it even lower..

.5ohm nominal load you are attempting to produce twice as much current than you are voltage, at that point you are doing nothing but creating even more heat..as current is the driving force in electricity, not voltage.

Unless you are not overpowering at the higher impedance, but rather, clipping it.

I know when I was running my Alpine subs off a crap Power Acoustik amp, it clipped the subs at 4 ohms gained at rated power, heated the coils up, etc etc, but gained at same power at one ohm, the subs stayed ice cold.

Too many projects, too little time...

where have you seen the DC having many problems? That one guy with the super small prefab boxes for his lvl 4? i havent really seen any one having problems with them, its all on the install tho bro either way both will bump :)

I'm not completely sure about many, but those of us that have had problems are asked not to talk about it here so I'm sure that's why you haven't heard about anything. The thing is every company has issues with products, it's how they deal with their customers on those issues and Fi is the better company for that hands down.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Unless you are not overpowering at the higher impedance, but rather, clipping it.

I know when I was running my Alpine subs off a crap Power Acoustik amp, it clipped the subs at 4 ohms gained at rated power, heated the coils up, etc etc, but gained at same power at one ohm, the subs stayed ice cold.

Which is why I said it would only get worse if he dropped it down that far...

He's got a 1000 watt amp that is already making the coils "smelly".

If you take it and wire it to a lower load and still use the same settings what do you think is going to happen? :)

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived