Second Skin Audio

Best box for a 2002 lexus is300

I drive a lexus is300 and it really makes me mad because my sub is really loud but my seats dont fold down and the only thing that really lets bass through is the two 6x9s and the arm rest on the back seat that folds down and has about a 7 inch by 5 inch opening... what are some ways that i could beable to have a lot more sound come through???

I was wondering if a custom bandpass box where all the sound ports through armrest would be a good idea???

how about a ported box that has the port or ports routed up through the rear deck?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Try to perforate the rear deck and carpet it with breathing carpet if u know what i mean.

Edit: i may assume the rear deck is made out of steel. I did the same on my dads benz few years ago.

Edited by Herrie_V

Try to perforate the rear deck and carpet it with breathing carpet if u know what i mean.

Edit: i may assume the rear deck is made out of steel. I did the same on my dads benz few years ago.

how would you wall it if seats dont go down? you mean like taking out the back seats or something?

I dont really want to wall it though i would rather go with something that just shoots everything out of the armrest or through an area between the 6x9s like someone else said... if i cut out an opening up there and put breathable carpet it would be louder already...