Alright so i had my voltage meter hooked up and working and everything. But when i took out my cap my meter doesn't work now. I have my power wire running to the power on my amp and the ground wire to the ground wire to my ground on my amp and same with the remote wire. The only think that lights up is the stinger on the meter and it wont turn off when i turn the car off.

I had the same problem with it not turning off, but thats just because your remote turn on isnt working properly. So the volt meter just gets a constant 12 volt and doesnt turn on and off with the ignition. It should work if you have it wired into the amps turn on (how mine is), but i would try to splice the actual turn on wire from the head unit and split it to the amp and meter. See if that works.

Also you said you dont have the cap in, so does that mean your amp isnt plugged in an running? If so then the volt meter is getting power, but its not grounded so it wouldnt be working right. Here is what i did, i ran an 18 guage speaker wire to my front battery and put the start up wire into the amp. But it depends on what voltage you want to read, i just wanted to see my Voltage loss.

Edited by Crump-T1

I had the same problem with it not turning off, but thats just because your remote turn on isnt working properly. So the volt meter just gets a constant 12 volt and doesnt turn on and off with the ignition. It should work if you have it wired into the amps turn on (how mine is), but i would try to splice the actual turn on wire from the head unit and split it to the amp and meter. See if that works

How would i go about doing that?

How would i go about doing that?

If your doing what you say with everything plugged into the amp it should work, but if its not turning off its the remote turn on lead. So if you could just re-do that wire, from the head unit splice the wire from the headunit and dont plug it into the amp.

Do you turn your ignition on to turn the amp on? If your amp isnt on it wont work. Try this make sure everything is in the right place, turn on the car, and it should come up and then turn the car off and it should turn off. If not just wire it to the front or if you have it the rear batt.

you should connect the remote turn on to the positive of your amp to see that your actual meter is still working.

IMO you should leave it that way so you can see before you turn the car on if anything is wrong with your batteries and what they sit at.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

just connect the "remote wire" on the meter to an ignition source. that way it will only work when your car is on and not have to depend on the actual remote from your deck.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg