LT.Smoke Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 just gloating on how sick T-lines are my friend from WI jus called me to inform me that he did a 148.1 @43hz in his trailblazer at the headrest with a mojo 12 and a big belle 5 chan amp that feeds it 1100 watts @ 1 ohm. have to send big thx out to FOREVRBUMPN for introducing me to the Tline box. SORRY FELLAS MISCOMMUNICATION tTHE SCORE WAS TAKEN DOWN IN THE KICK PANEL I APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISTAKE. Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
sixgen Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 just gloating on how sick T-lines are my friend from WI jus called me to inform me that he did a 148.1 @43hz in his trailblazer at the headrest with a mojo 12 and a big belle 5 chan amp that feeds it 1100 watts @ 1 ohm.have to send big thx out to FOREVRBUMPN for introducing me to the Tline box. was 43hz the sub's FS or you used a bass boost for 43hz? yeah thank God for forevrbumpn and his tutorial
Forevrbumpn Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 haha... thanks guys I just held the hand to the light, you guys walked thru it I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
sixgen Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 the man behind it all speaks... forevr, what can you say about tapped horn, tqwt or a rear loaded against a tline?
Forevrbumpn Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 done very few of the others, harder to calculate the tline was kind of a "T-line for dummies" type thing, just a basic approach to quarter wave boxes as far as folded horns, "tqwt?"<? Tapped horns, well before I found out and read it was a tapped horn, I called it a phase line- same thing just a transmission line where the woofer and port meet in the same location The tapped horn is the same concept of course, but flares out. I have done a 8" and a 10" and both had there own benefets, but doing dedicated transmission lines, and transmission line bandpass (tline version of a folded horn), I stick with the easy, and true box design I like the best, the simplified quarter wave/tline I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
LT.Smoke Posted July 8, 2009 Author Report Posted July 8, 2009 there really isnt a reason 2 get more complicated with a box the T-line is an awesome box that gets down and dirty and is relatively simple 2 build compared to the other aforementioned enclosures Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
DHFHades Posted July 8, 2009 Report Posted July 8, 2009 haha... thanks guysI just held the hand to the light, you guys walked thru it yup, I'm sold on them too, might do another one some day 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15 DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active 1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest. rebuild coming soon to get a better score "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."
jhmeg2 Posted July 10, 2009 Report Posted July 10, 2009 was 43hz the sub's FS or you used a bass boost for 43hz? yeah thank God for forevrbumpn and his tutorial Fs. is 39.76 but the truck's resanant freq is 43Hz. the boost was at about 40ish, and the wierd thing is the dude that metered it held the mic in front of him as he sat in the pass seat.... ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.