long story short, I had a Rogers PVR that was left behind by a tech when they disconnected my stuff. I've had it in my posession for over a year, and it has been paid for by the tech who left it behind. There were many attempts at contacting that tech, but in the end, he never ended up coming over to get the PVR.

A couple of weeks ago I had sold it on kijiji. The ad clearly said "rogers explorer 8300 PVR" word for word. the story was explained, and the unit is able to be added to someones account it's been looked into, and is legit.

well I don't have a HD tv, but was told by rogers that it was a HD box, and was paying HD box prices for it.

The guy who bought it simply said he wanted it, asked no questions, and the transaction was made. I shipped it out to him, and he received it saying it's not the HD box. They have a SD and HD version of the box, and this was the SD unit.

Now he has managed to look me up, and call me (which I didn't answer) and has now sent me a money request through paypal for his money back.

I didn't rip the guy off, the unit wasn't mis-advertised, and I was unaware of their being two different versions.

So what should I do? I don't have the money to give it back, I paid my bills. I don't think I should give him his money back since i don't feel I did anything wrong.

tell him to pound sand. he shouldnt be such an impulse buyer. try asking questions first

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

I have to say, I was not mis-leading with the ad, I mentioned that it had been left behind by a tech, but rogers is now telling him that i had no right to sell it, even though that story was previously something different.

This is why I hate rogers.

tell him to pound sand. he shouldnt be such an impulse buyer. try asking questions first

well this is what I'm thinking, but he is threatening to call the cops if I don't do this by friday, and he wants to return the unit to rogers. I told him if he wants his money back he is going to have to send it back to me to return it to rogers. I'm sure as hell not letting someone else do it.

I also told him he is going to have to accept payments, cause I don't have the cash.

Well I guess the deal is, even though he has paid me for it, if he uses it he will have to pay rental fees for having the box. I didn't know this.

I've told him I'd give him his money back but it's gonna have to be payments, and he's expecting me to give it all to him by the 16th... hell I won't have that kind of money by the end of the month.

Either way, I still don't think I should have to give him his money back, he just jumped right on this, asked no questions, didn't bother trying to get me down in price, nothing.

I'm more worried about the cops.

Well I guess the deal is, even though he has paid me for it, if he uses it he will have to pay rental fees for having the box. I didn't know this.

I've told him I'd give him his money back but it's gonna have to be payments, and he's expecting me to give it all to him by the 16th... hell I won't have that kind of money by the end of the month.

Either way, I still don't think I should have to give him his money back, he just jumped right on this, asked no questions, didn't bother trying to get me down in price, nothing.

I'm more worried about the cops.

I'd tell him to kick rocks, the cops won't be able to do anything seeing as it was a legit sale, both parties got the goods, he got the pvr and you got his payment. Let him bitch and moan over it, maybe next time he won't be so quick to buy without research first.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

I'm an ass, I should have told him to go fuck himself, but I told him the best I can do is $75/month for the next 3 months..... and it certainly isn't going to be of any high priority.

the more I think about it, the more I want to wash my hands of it, but if the cops did get involved, isn't it stolen goods? Rogers left it behind, but it was paid for by the tech who never picked it up.

well if you have proof that the unit was clear and wasnt stolen then your good.. it his fault for not checking out the box or do any research before buying it..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio