Sundown Audio

Stock deck, Best RCA solutin

OK so I'm trying to wire up an amp using my stock deck and by now you probably realize i have no professional experience. i have two questions to ask. 1) Is it ok to use an accessory wire instead of a remote wire from deck. 2) i obiously have no rca ports on the back of stock deck and was wondering what options i had without buyinh a new deck.

( dont worry i'm not cheap but its a just a project).

Thx for all help

Buy a trunk loc line out put convertor

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

any 12v source can be used as the remote, just want to make sure it shuts off when the car is off and its a good soild 12v source, and for #2 sound prosseser rf 360, or something like that would give you the rca outs from the stock line outs, line driver is same thing i beleive etheir way it give you the rca's

Edited by LordArcane

Thank you both for the help! I was told that connecting the rca cables to the rear speakers will give a good enough signal to the amp. i was wondering if this was true or if it will even work,because i dont want to ruin anything without knowing what to do. i dont mind cutting up some cables to get a good easy signal. Thank you again for the help.

Thank you both for the help! I was told that connecting the rca cables to the rear speakers will give a good enough signal to the amp. i was wondering if this was true or if it will even work,because i dont want to ruin anything without knowing what to do. i dont mind cutting up some cables to get a good easy signal. Thank you again for the help.

Okay so this is what I did on my moms 2009 Mercedes.

I tapped into one of the rear door speaker and spliced in an extra wire that I ran to the trunk where I connected a sound processor, which transfered the signal into RCA out witch I then obviously connected to the amp. For a remote, I tapped into the acessory fuse (which in my case was under the hood but most of the time is under the dash) and since the acessories only work when the ignition is on, the amp is only one when the ignition is on. So I hope this helps! BTW Line output converters come in all different price ranges ($20 to $700+?) so it should be a good solution for you!

Edit: something that I didnt explain right is that there is a cheaper whay and a more expensive way, a line output converter or line lever converter is the cheaper way and you often dont get the best SQ, the more expensive and better way is a sound processor!!

Edited by dlesman

i have never seen a good "line level converter" now a processor is diff, rf 360 solve all your probs with good quality

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

try a jl cleansweep around 100.00-150.00 should work great :hairtrick:

Edited by mylows10

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd