Wait, are you saying the connected the ignition wire directly to the positive on the battery?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

yea. i would take everything out, and undo all of the wires that you connected on the harness.

it sucks do it, but then read the manual on how the harness needs to be connected and retry everything. make sure no wires are bare and that none are touching metal or anything.

it may take a few tries, but it should come back to working again. recheck all of the fuses and see if they are warped or show signs of wear. replace as needed.

it should work, just gotta find the problem first.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

they connected the ignition (red ) and battery (yellow) and ground wire (black) to the battery. and the only thing thats left without the wire is the dashboard and dashboard ground but thats no reason for it to turn off allll the lights in the car is it?

...Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that an obvious problem? The battery is a 12v constant, and the ignition is a + 12v "switch" if you will.

Are you saying that there is a ground wire the "dashboard ground" unconnected? If you are saying your dashboard electronics are not grounded, then that is the problem, or a lot of it atleast.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Well i got my new In-dash installed today and within 5 minutes of using it all of my cars interior lights when out (dashboard, lights when you open the door and even the beeping noise when you open the door went out) Also when my cars turned off i cant lock the doors anymore the key has to be in the ignition and turned for it to lock the doors... any help?

Who installed it??? Wouldn't want them touching

my trucks or a friends for that matter. That is a lot

of problems for a simple install. A friend of mine is dealing

with same he got a shit job done on his remote start his car

is all Fd up. Take it back to them and let them deal with it.

I told him same thing but his don't start anymore so we changing

the starter now. Good luck bad break but you might have got what you

payed for.

that orange wire is ilumination wire, it lights up the headunit when parking lights are turned on, that doesnt affect anything

but this might help otheres, did you do this or a shop?

what kind of headunit is it?

did they use a plug in harness or tap into factory wires?

i have yet to do a stereo in any car were i had to take the acc wire off the battery pos, my geo's harness didn't have a good pos wire so i ran one out of 12guage stranded wire to the battery fused, but normally if i have to steal acc power somewere i useally do it at collem or a fuse

ied take it back n make em fix it if a shop done it

this is were smd comes into play, if u did this urself, u will find out how to do it the right way and more, but if its a plug in harness and got no power its the radio fuse why it doesnt work, might halfto do with ur lights also

but there is a dome fuse either in driver side kick panel, or under hood, some fuse panals in cars are on passangers side center console

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif