Second Skin Audio

Two Tens In Ported Box

right now i have your box at about 2.26cubes before displacement. with the port in, i have it at 2.2cubes tuned to about 27hz...which is two low. i think you should rebuild your box instead of just adding a port to it...

i likes me some audio stuff...

i figured it was tuned like way off cause when i hooked it up the bass was a little louder than my orginal box but had port noise so what do you suggest for the demensions on the new box i have to stay in that range i maybe could change my width and depth a little bit but i cant change my height i dont have a lot of height in the back of my chevy cavalier 1987. ohhh yeah what do you think would be a good hertz for good low loud deep ass bass i mean like window flexin bass hertz i thought or i heard that 33 hertz is a good one for everyday playing

thanks holla back at me

Edited by white_boi_audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Yea 33 hz would work fine. 27 hz would work if you were running 15's or 18's, but with ten's you definately want to be mid 30's.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

HxWxD

outer: 11.5"x41.5"x15.5"

inner: 10"x40"x14"

port: 9"x3" (27" of port area)

20" long

just guessing a displacement for your subs i would say like .12cubes (my two 10's are .14cubes) so .24total sub displacement

will all of this taken into account you would have a box that is 2.45cubic feet after all displacement tuned to about 35hz...that is about as good i can come up with. if you plans or better ideas, pm ray or david.

i likes me some audio stuff...

hey thats a lot of help but when u mean a 20 inch long port you mean like each side of the port needs to be 10 inches long so both sides of the port together is 20 inches long or what i dont understand that part and can u draw me up a design in like paintshop pro or something to show me where the port should be becuase i want it to be in the center of the box

thanks zach aka white boi audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

hey i kind of like that type of design but its going into the trunk of my car and i want the subs to be facing the rear or can i still i that type of box with the port at the bottom of the box. i would really like it with the port in the middle of the box about 3 inches wide. ohhhh i went outside after school and measure the room that i have to work with and the wide is to wide it cant exceed 38 inches wide but the other demensions are fine they can stay same no bigger but can get smaller i dont have alot of room

thanks zach aka white_boi_audio

here are some pic of what i would like to build

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

like this but for two subs

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

another 16 y/o here...lol but no car yet so no system...lol...you can look into the Re box calculator, it seems really good

actually i have a car and have a system i just dont have a subwoofer enclosure that i like so i wouldnt try to talk about someone who doesnt know them or what they got

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

actually i have a car and have a system i just dont have a subwoofer enclosure that i like so i wouldnt try to talk about someone who doesnt know them or what they got

i think he meant he's 16 and doesnt have a car.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall