Sonic Electronix

decaf - the clipping from the head unit is something i did not think about....i will definately look into this further - great idea. As far as another amp....i don't need anything stronger.....this one was actually more than I wanted. My 9 year old fosgate finally saw its last note about 2 months ago :( :( :( and i just picked up a phoenix gold amp as a quick substitute, then i dropped those 2 cvr 10s in to get some bass.....ran across a killer deal in one of those kicker prefab boxs, talked the guy out of the speakers for 50% off and he kept the box...hahaha, then me and my box builder slapped them in a new box behind the back seat of my crew cab silverado (talk about a squeeze, but we only missed the optimal air space by just a little, and suprisingly it still rocked faces so I kept it)

Yea I used to run optima red tops in my walled out s-10...but my days of that kind of knock is over, 2 10s is enough for me now. I will definately look into a dry cell battery.....hopefully that will save me the cost of getting my alt boosted. I don't want to boost or add a battery for 2 10s.....haha, just not worth it IMO

Yea i'm 100% positive they are wired for 2 ohm....i'm thinking about wiring them back up to a 4ohm load, cutting the power, losing some thunder, but avoid more money being sunk into the system.

as far as my head unit - its just a kenwood HD942

Rainman215 - lol that sucks.....i've seen stuff like that too. I've seen people installing systems without fuses, using tin-foil to jump fuses, etc......

nothing like the smell of melting insulation.

Overkill or not bro.. LOL it would help your electrical system and if you plan to go bigger its already there, thats why i suggested that. But the big3 would help alot, replacing your starting battery will help 2, if its the one the car came with

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Ok, thanks for all the input guys, but with a little local help from my boys, the problem has been fixed.

for future incase anybody was wondering.

the 2 dual 2 ohm cvr 10s and the 2 ohm phoenix gold amp was clipping and here is the reason

the ohm output of the speakers were sitting about an average of 1.8 ohms (somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.6 - 2.2 ohms)

when the system was cranked up the speakers demanded more power therefore dropping the ohm load to spikes of about 1.4

these spikes were crushing the 2 ohm amp.

so after seeing the meter dropping, I slapped in my 1 ohm stable rockford 1000, which 1.4 spike would be a walk in the park for......and the system beats perfectly, no clipping