Alternator companies????

Well its been awhile since ive been on here ive been super busy with work but i have since got my yukon up and running minus the new charging system. I REALLY need a new alternator(s)! im runnin an MLA dual volt module and my old 190amp overwound alt just arent charging my 4 kinetik 1800's at all. i keep it on a charger but that really defeats the purpose of the MLA. my sub amps (2 MA hk802sx) pull a ton of juice and it gets so bad at some point that my voltage drops to... well lets just say you could run a smoke alarm of fof it lol, and i cant even turn it up anymore becasue this always happens. so i need a new alternator(asap) i was going to order the 300a Iraggi dominator alternator but last nite i was reading some people sayin that they dont produce what they say they do. despite this i still trust iraggi considering a shit load of ppl on here use them. but ive also been looking at stinger to because the shop i work at is a stinger dealer. i need this alternator as soon as i can and i want one that i can eventually when i save up more money get another one and run duals (becasue god knows i need to jiuce lol) i was wondering what you guys think would be the quickest and biggest solution to my problem would be. id rather get advice from poeple the run the product rather than just what i think would be the best. thanks...

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

I had much more success with mechman than Iraggi. I would chose stinger, DC, Mechman, powermaster, etc. The 300+ amp units Dom sent me put out... well lets just say you couldn't trip a house breaker with the amperage (and I don't mean 220v or specialty). DC and mechman really seem to have good idling output.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

DC POWER FTW!!!!

Hit up Rob

dcsotm.jpg

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

if you arent conserened with price i would pick up a dc power 270 they do 180 at idle or something like that and you get fantasitc customer service and it is the high quality alt you can get but if your looking to save a few bucks you could look into db linc alts they put out power and are fairly cheap for what you get and ss audio is a great guy

Roseville, CA

thanks guys, can dc custom make dual alt kits? i know mechman can..

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

I'm running mechmans 250a rhino with in-dash voltage regulator and I love it no problems at all and he does the dual alt set ups. Plus customer service is great. I've heard good things about DC as well anyone of the two will be a good choice!!

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

I'm running mechmans 250a rhino with in-dash voltage regulator and I love it no problems at all and he does the dual alt set ups. Plus customer service is great. I've heard good things about DC as well anyone of the two will be a good choice!!

funny you say that haha i was literally just looking at that one. it seems liek a good price. how long did it take you to get it from when you ordered it?

Edited by tahoexfixssd

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

funny you say that haha i was literally just looking at that one. it seems liek a good price.

yeah its well worth its price and then some. The only problem I had was that I had to run a relay to the regulator because I didn't have a free fuse location in my fuse box and ran it to a fuse that was powering something in my truck and it didn't supply enough current for both devices, so I was getting an unsteady voltage at first. I ran it to a relay problem solved

I wanna say it took like 3-4 business days if im not miatake to come in once paybal cleared

Edited by convectedfelon

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

how long did it take you to get it?

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF