LGA1156 Gigabyte board!! Wow, this looks FANTASTIC!

I'm a little skeptical of Gigabyte and their ever-increasing phases. On some of the early ones they just had lots of tiny little ones rather than a few big solid ones. Whatever happened to DFI's digital PWM? THAT looked promising, no more chokes spammed all over the place around the socket.

That said, I have a 965P-DQ6 and had a G1975X before that and they were the original "OMG 1000 of everything" boards :P

EDIT:

LOL GOT CHOKES?

big_gb-p55-preview-5.jpg

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I'm a little skeptical of Gigabyte and their ever-increasing phases. On some of the early ones they just had lots of tiny little ones rather than a few big solid ones. Whatever happened to DFI's digital PWM? THAT looked promising, no more chokes spammed all over the place around the socket.

That said, I have a 965P-DQ6 and had a G1975X before that and they were the original "OMG 1000 of everything" boards :P

EDIT:

LOL GOT CHOKES?

big_gb-p55-preview-5.jpg

LOL ! I just hope GB/Asus/DFI/etc..... remember that SKT1156 platforms are "MAINSTREAM" setups, and they SHOULD NOT have a 200+ price tag. "BOON" The DFI digital PWM setup I can not comment about, as I've never owed it, but once Oscar Wu left DFI (back in 06 I think it was) there boards took a HUGE HUGE HUGE down hill climb and the BIOS functionality was ball crunching at best. Gigabyte (IMO of course) really does offer the better board (People dont flame me for this) The last DFI board I had was the VERY FAMOUS DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR, and that board was insanely perfect in everyway. FX57 @ 3.4GHz on phase, TCCD ram @ 288, these were some damn fine numbers for 2005/2006 era..... Like I said once oscar left DFI, so did I. Asus' boards are nice, I will not "hate" on them, but I can say I have 2 asus boards next to me right now that had SDS for no reason what so ever. One is a P5Q-PRO, other is a P5K-Deluxe. No excuse for this really. Ol'well, seems like you know alot about PC's too, nice to see fellow SMD members that are "nerds" too!!!!

**EDIT** to comment on your question about GB using so many little chokes.............I personally think it is all about marketing! Marketing a product that has 27 chokes, sounds and LOOKS better then a board that has 12.....you know what I mean. GB uses 2oz copper for advertising purposes as well, and ASUS uses "Crazystack2".......Asus uses a 16+2choke setup on high end boards, so I guess GB going to nearly twice that, makes a n00b think that is better. You know what I mean?

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

As far as I know ASUS will be offering SATA 6G on certain motherboards; they just took it off that particular model...

The only board that will "currently" ship with 6g sata ports is the premium version board. Marvell, and asus I believe need to fix a few stability concerns....

http://legitreviews.com/article/1018/1/

Yep what i was saying. Hey newls1 do you have any hookups on i5? Benches,etc would be amazing...

It also could be to put out even more cheaper i5 boards, for people who don't need bleeding edge tech...

Edited by Moti
777319156.png

I have been on that forum a few times. (not a member tho) What everyone does there is really crazy LOL. Like I am pretty knowledgeable, etc. They just push everything to the limits :). I might have to ask you for help on OC'n hard (cuz i am still a n00b ).

Do you know how people get hooked up with testing hardware?

777319156.png

I have been on that forum a few times. (not a member tho) What everyone does there is really crazy LOL. Like I am pretty knowledgeable, etc. They just push everything to the limits :) . I might have to ask you for help on OC'n hard (cuz i am still a n00b ).

Do you know how people get hooked up with testing hardware?

Please dont think I'm bragging when I say this, but.......... If I wanted an i5 (ES SAMPLE OF COURSE) I have contacts. I got a E6300/E6600/X6800/Q6600/ETC MONTHS ever before they were released, you just have to establish yourself and KNOW how to sample items AS PER SPEC FROM THE COMPANY THAT SENDS IT TOO YOU! I've learned that the hard way. Some companies (I will not say who) tell "YOU" how they want "YOU" to test/OC there hardware. There is alot more involved, but reaelly what it comes down to is this.......WHO DO YOU KNOW :tease: . I've been doing this a long time, and broke alot of shit along the way LOL! All in the name of OCing. You really need to sign up over @ XS, I go by the same SN of there as-well, and you can see that if it wasn't for that community over there, my external watercooler that I designed, never would have caught on like it did with out them. That community over there is full of some great people.

Right now I am otw to my last year in high school, one of my friend's dad's works for intel. He said he could hook me up, but I have never been serious lol... Working for intel would be soo sick. Yeah ima register there :)..I saw the waterkeg, thats pretty innovative since many people don't have room for a 360 rad in their case or they don't want to cut it up.

777319156.png

Right now I am otw to my last year in high school, one of my friend's dad's works for intel. He said he could hook me up, but I have never been serious lol... Working for intel would be soo sick. Yeah ima register there :) ..I saw the waterkeg, thats pretty innovative since many people don't have room for a 360 rad in their case or they don't want to cut it up.

WaterKeg FTMFW! Yup, yup.... Took about 5-6 months to make a prototype, then a patent, then for a solid 1 1/2 years I was making anywhere from 4-7 a week all by myself. Shoppts.com loved me! Unfortunately with the economy being in the crapper like it is, I had to stop "production"" as I went weeks/months without any order and finally noticed the watercooling community starting to email me replies like, "What is the best price you can do for me." Once you start seeing those emails, YOUR DONE! Thankfully I was able to repay 100% of the loan I took out for this back, and was able to make some profit, but more or less I built these for fun and really only for the good folks @ XS.