Sundown Audio

kicker zx2500.1 in protect mode... fook..

my zx2500.1 went into protect mode.. im pissed off.. i just got it like 2-3 months ago and just got it in the car..

well i am running 2 15'' dual 2 ohm subs wired to 2 ohms together...

i have all zero gauge wire.. even the big 3.. 2 optima batts.. one in the hood and one in the trunk.. a 240 iraggi dominator series alt

and i was playing my music in my garage with the car off and the amp was playing fine and lasting the whole 30-40 minutes i was fooking with it..

then a few days later i went out some where about an hour away so i jumped on the highway and decided to blast the tunes a lil to see what it sounded like and after 15 minutes of some music i decided to play some basstronics and after 5 minutes the amp started cutting in and out periododicaly and then i lowered the volume half way and it was fine for about 20 minutes.. then i put ot back up lil by lil and and it was fine for about another 20 minutes then it just shut off...

and now its stuck in protect mode.. i opened it and dont see nothing wrong.. no poppoed resistors or anything.. bo burnt smell or marks on the board.. but its weird..

whats weird.. well with the amp completly disconnected from any battery or power source , if i plug in any 2 wire in to the remote and power on the amp the amps protect light will light up red..?

im very confused.. wheres the power coming from...

and now i have to send it all the way back to kicker to pay out the ass to get it fixed........ uggggggg

4 15'' kicker L7 subs ( only 2 being used right now )

1 kicker zx2500.1 ( another soon 2 come )

box is 9.5 cubic feet slot portd thur the back seat

1 kicker zx650.4 amp powering 4 10'' ev dl10x mids ( rear deck )

1 kicker zx350.4 power 4 8'' beyma 8mi100 mid/highs ( 1 on each door )

2 runs of zero gauge wire ( about 60 feet total. )

big 3 done in zero gauge kicker wire

3 runs of 4 gauge for voice amps and eq' and crossover

2 kinetik hc1800 batteries in the trunk and 1 optima yellow top under the hood

260 amp irragi high output alternator ( soon to be 2 alt's )

alpine cda 9856 ipod headunit

kicker kx3 3 way crossover & a old school alpine 3342 digital 11 band sound field processor eq.

( search for ( 88bonnsse ) on youtube.com to see my videos..

my zx2500.1 went into protect mode.. im pissed off.. i just got it like 2-3 months ago and just got it in the car..

well i am running 2 15'' dual 2 ohm subs wired to 2 ohms together...

i have all zero gauge wire.. even the big 3.. 2 optima batts.. one in the hood and one in the trunk.. a 240 iraggi dominator series alt

and i was playing my music in my garage with the car off and the amp was playing fine and lasting the whole 30-40 minutes i was fooking with it..

then a few days later i went out some where about an hour away so i jumped on the highway and decided to blast the tunes a lil to see what it sounded like and after 15 minutes of some music i decided to play some basstronics and after 5 minutes the amp started cutting in and out periododicaly and then i lowered the volume half way and it was fine for about 20 minutes.. then i put ot back up lil by lil and and it was fine for about another 20 minutes then it just shut off...

and now its stuck in protect mode.. i opened it and dont see nothing wrong.. no poppoed resistors or anything.. bo burnt smell or marks on the board.. but its weird..

whats weird.. well with the amp completly disconnected from any battery or power source , if i plug in any 2 wire in to the remote and power on the amp the amps protect light will light up red..?

im very confused.. wheres the power coming from...

and now i have to send it all the way back to kicker to pay out the ass to get it fixed........ uggggggg

Did you get the amp from an authorized kicker dealer, I got my ZX.1500 and had to get it fixed one time, it just cost like 15 bucks to ship it and they sent me a brand new amp, with new gain knob and cord, and the 150 amp fuse holder, and only took about a week to get there and back.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Did you get the amp from an authorized kicker dealer, I got my ZX.1500 and had to get it fixed one time, it just cost like 15 bucks to ship it and they sent me a brand new amp, with new gain knob and cord, and the 150 amp fuse holder, and only took about a week to get there and back.

nah i bouht it from a fellow smd member not kicker,,

kicker kx3 3 way crossover & a old school alpine 3342 digital 11 band sound field processor eq.

$2 says your fuse or something to your rear battery is fucked and the battery in the trunk has gone flat. Check the voltage ;)

im the one who's fucked.. my amp dont work..lol.

buy yeah my batt's are reading at 12.8 with car off and at 14.2 with car running,,, fuse is good..so i dont know..

and all my fuses are good...

im guessing low voltage but how...? im confused..

Kicker don't like voltage. Did you check to see how low the voltage was dropping? It not good to run stereo with the vehicle off. That big kicker zx2500.1 need alots of power otherwise it not gonna last. Use a Dmm to check the voltage. Kicker cut of on me and the same with other amp. It either a bad connections or electrical drops