You can certainly do that and more with any Viper or just about any alarm that i know of.It's usually adding a relay(s) for each function you want to control.Now,idk if they still make it(pretty sure they do),but back in the day you could buy a channel expander...which in my head,could be used on ANY alarm.Instead of say,only having 3-4 channels,the expander could add lets say 12 or more.Put it this way...it CAN be done.

they had the 60 channel remote also, that you could use with a bunch of channel expander modules

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Maybe they are truly a professional shop, I wouldn't touch it for under $1,500 but then again you never seen any of my alarm installs, and that isn't including the system, just labor.

I think there would only be a handful of people nationwide that I would trust doing an installation like that on my vehicle, plus economics come to play, tie up a guy all day (yes all day because there is a lot of wiring and interfacing) or let the same guy loose on the normal day to day installs that the only thing they need to show the customer is the "volume up makes it go loud and volume down makes it quieter" plus you can sell more products for that guy to install.

You'd have to twist my arm and toss a few strippers in to even consider doing a job like that for less

I could continue all day justifying it, but thankfully I do not have to do that with what I do

X2 that kinda work takes time patience and skill not any idiot can wire up a alarm start combo to work like that....

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

DEI makes a channel expander. it will give you 6 or 7 extra channels, but only on the "HF" model alarms with a 4 button alarm remote; like the Viper 350. you could have Arm/disarm along with two usable channels in the alarm itself, then add different button configurations to gain access to the extra channels. you may find a drawback with the new two-ways. i don't believe they have a channel expander for those remotes, but most of the newer alarms already have 3+ extra channels for upgrades.

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

Archived