younggun69 Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 getting a phone with a full qwerty keyboard pretty much eliminated my abbreviating problem (i'm 15) its much easier to spell the word out. just my 2 cents Dale - 'When life hands you lemons--make lemonade, THEN find someone whose life has handed them vodka and have one heck of a party....lol'
MXmike800 Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 i got a friend like this, your 13yr is probably smarter than him, 22 he spells im (am) and i'll (al), i keep telling him its im and ill he doesn't listen and sounds like a complete dumbfuck.
EricR Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 ban texting? pfffft. i send and recieve probably 2-3k a month. but on the flip side, my helper at work is texting everytime i turn around and it pisses me off alot. hes a good worker and all that but i find myself waiting on him alot and when im working my ass off sweat running off my face and i look over and he is texting away i just want to fucking take the phone away and beat it with my hammer. /rant i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
MXmike800 Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 beat his girl with yo hamma maybe that will make him stop
raytard Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 as i noticed this i was texting my girlfriend, and noticed that we both text in like perfect textbook grammar, punctuations and capitals and all. we even say things like "you and i" as opposed to " me and you"...which is a pet peeve of my mom and it rubbed off on me and i send on the order of 1000-2000 per week when i'm up at college, long distance girlfriend ftl but if youre gonna get on your kid like that, you might as well go to school with him and sit in the back and make sure he pays attention to the teacher and doesnt mess around in class. Draw the line somewhere, especially when you want to moderate something he can completely cover up with 3 button presses. spend your time making sure hes not knocking up other 13 year olds and starting to sling crack, not trying to moderate his grammar. if you raise an upstanding kid that isnt a father in his teens and has half a work ethic, you've done a damn good job, even if he doesnt have the best grammar. Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
EricR Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 as i noticed this i was texting my girlfriend, and noticed that we both text in like perfect textbook grammar, punctuations and capitals and all. we even say things like "you and i" as opposed to " me and you"...which is a pet peeve of my mom and it rubbed off on me and i send on the order of 1000-2000 per week when i'm up at college, long distance girlfriend ftl but if youre gonna get on your kid like that, you might as well go to school with him and sit in the back and make sure he pays attention to the teacher and doesnt mess around in class. Draw the line somewhere, especially when you want to moderate something he can completely cover up with 3 button presses. spend your time making sure hes not knocking up other 13 year olds and starting to sling crack, not trying to moderate his grammar. if you raise an upstanding kid that isnt a father in his teens and has half a work ethic, you've done a damn good job, even if he doesnt have the best grammar. tha truth. i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
inm Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 I'm a texting freak... When I first got my phone last June, we started out with unlimited to Verizon, and 500 other. I went over the 500 other limit within a week, so we bumped it to 1000 other, which I went over again... Then we did 5000 other, which we kept for about 3 weeks, and changed to a family plan with unlimited to everyone. But I use correct grammar and spelling all the time. Some people tell me it pisses them off when I type correctly... :/ I use the common things like lol, lmao, and stuff like that, but none of that weird stuff.... I had memorized the location of the buttons and whatever letters were on each which helped a lot in not getting caught texting in school, but when I switched to the enV Touch, I can't do that anymore. I need to catch up on the location of the QWERTY keyboard on this thing... On a side note, did you guys here about the girl that fell in a manhole because she was texting? http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/07/gir...ng-parents-sue/ On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
BigPimpin91 Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 I tend to use proper grammar, even while texting. Ask EricM or army_guy64 LoL. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
SQMonte Posted July 17, 2009 Author Report Posted July 17, 2009 (i'm 15) its much easier to spell the word out. just my 2 centsThis is my thought as well. It seems to me it's much harder to figure out a way to abbreviate/misspell a word than to just spell it right.i got a friend like this, your 13yr is probably smarter than him, 22 he spells im (am) and i'll (al), i keep telling him its im and ill he doesn't listen and sounds like a complete dumbfuck.Which is what I don't want to happen to my boy. I just wanted to hear from you guys to see if I was being ridiculous about it. if youre gonna get on your kid like that, you might as well go to school with him and sit in the back and make sure he pays attention to the teacher and doesnt mess around in class. Draw the line somewhere, especially when you want to moderate something he can completely cover up with 3 button presses. spend your time making sure hes not knocking up other 13 year olds and starting to sling crack, not trying to moderate his grammar. if you raise an upstanding kid that isnt a father in his teens and has half a work ethic, you've done a damn good job, even if he doesnt have the best grammar.It's funny you should say that because getting him to pay attention to the teacher and stop messing around in class has been quite the task ever since he began going to school. The last quarter of last school year (not the one that just finished), he transferred to a new school and his gpa went from barely 2.0 to 3.2. Then at the beginning of this school year he fell back and got a 1.8 gpa but the rest of the school year he got nothing below a 3.1, peaking at 3.6 in the 3rd and 4th quarters and earning a California State Senate Award from 6th District Senator Darryl Steinberg for being recognized as the most improved student at his school. He also earned a "gold medal" at his promotion ceremony for his excellence in Math.Thank you for your input, it's nice to hear different perspectives to get me to think about things from other points of view. But if I were to apply your logic, there's not much I would, should or could enforce seeing as how i'm not with him 24/7 to make sure it happens/doesn't happen. I have no control over anything he does when he's out of my sight, but that doesn't mean I don't, shouldn't or can't enforce my expectations of his behavior at those times. This is no different. I can't control if he does or doesn't have sex at any age, unless i'm with him at all times, but that's not possible so any and every time I walk out of the door he could be hooking up. Nothing I can do about that, so should I not continue telling him no sex? Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Ipod Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 i used to text with a lot abbreviation.. but after a while got bored.. guess some people just grow out of it and some dont.. Hustle hard, Stack paper, It's alright, ya'll haters, It's nothing, We major, You see me, Hi Hater! =) ~ Manio
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.