Sonic Electronix

Ok are ya ready for this my friend has 2 8 ohm Kicker comps and he went and bought a pioneer 5400t the place said it should be fine and we hooked it up so that it was bridged and gain was under normal. Being 8 ohms we wiring them in series to 4 ohms which the amp is 4 ohm stable. Which that is the only way it looks to wire those for that amp ohm.

Well it hit hard but after some time it overheated I checked his ground and all is good his deck is at -10db(all the way down) he ended up taking it back and getting a Sony xplode not sure what model but the guy told him that it was hooked up wrong he thinks thats why it was overheating but how could it be hooked up wrong?

He ended up getting a sony xplode not sure the model but think this one will heat up as well I am not sure if its a mono block or not.

Thanks

Ok are ya ready for this my friend has 2 8 ohm Kicker comps and he went and bought a pioneer 5400t the place said it should be fine and we hooked it up so that it was bridged and gain was under normal. Being 8 ohms we wiring them in series to 4 ohms which the amp is 4 ohm stable. Which that is the only way it looks to wire those for that amp ohm.

Well it hit hard but after some time it overheated I checked his ground and all is good his deck is at -10db(all the way down) he ended up taking it back and getting a Sony xplode not sure what model but the guy told him that it was hooked up wrong he thinks thats why it was overheating but how could it be hooked up wrong?

He ended up getting a sony xplode not sure the model but think this one will heat up as well I am not sure if its a mono block or not.

Thanks

i have seen several sony's and they all will heat up after 10 mins or so

i have seen several sony's and they all will heat up after 10 mins or so

it was the pioneer that was heating up and and cutting out when overheating we have not added the new amp yet just want to see if we were hooking it up wrong I don't think we were.

most of the time if it is over heating and cutting off then the amp is clipping!

sub wired wrong ?

check the impediance of the coils with a vote meter to make sure everything is fine!

also what gauge power wire are you using?

could be numerous things to be honest!

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

most of the time if it is over heating and cutting off then the amp is clipping!

sub wired wrong ?

check the impediance of the coils with a vote meter to make sure everything is fine!

also what gauge power wire are you using?

could be numerous things to be honest!

The wiring for the speakers to the amp is correct and the ground is good . The power wire might be 10 or 12 gauge I think. the Impedance is good for the amp and speakers.

my guess would be voltage drop and clipping.... if its only 10 or 12 guage wire... he is proble getting a voltage drop in the line...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

all of my pioneer amps have heated up during use.

i had a gm-7300 amp that heated up pretty badly (i used a 17 foot run of 8 guage from front bat to amp)

i currently have a pioneer gm-7400 amp that gets decently warm (i have a 1.5 foot run of 8 guage from rear bat to amp)

my amps perform pretty equally, but DO UNDERSTAND that all cheaper amps will get warm. sonys and pioneers dont have any internal fans to cool with, and they also dont have much for ventilation. the whole amp acts as a heat sink which isnt a great design to begin with.

he likely wasted his money on a new amp, but we'll have to wait and see, i guess

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Now, Im a little tired but i thought i read you wired them in series? Did you mean parallel? Series would increase the impedance.. Im assuming typo but hell you never know.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest