Second Skin Audio

08 fi bl and 09 fi bl in the same box.

I currently have a 08 model fi bl running of a sundown saz 1500d. I plan on a buying another fi bl thats the 09 model next week for SHORE. I was readin on a post just now and someone said its not good to run them together? is this true and if so why?? Whats the REASON?

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

they have different motors. i would not run them together.

they pop up pretty often in the for sale section.

or you could sell your old one and upgrade to two fresh ones.

Whats the worste that could happen? ive seen people run completly different subs together before

because those people are idiots. different subs have different paramiters as well as motor strengths and wattages, and require different boxes per their specs...

Cause i want a new one and dont even know where to find a 08

buy a used one, Im sure there some old btls selling on one site or another with the 3 slug magnets.

All you need to do is find any size btl. the magnets are all the same from 12-18 inch, then just buy a recone kit or send it to fi for a recone to a matching sub to your current woofer.

Or sell your current sub and buy 2 new ones.

The newer btl motor is by far more powerful then the older motors. This will result in 1 sub hitting harder then the other, and possibly even cancelling out the other sub, or being out of phase..

It may work somewhat crappy if you build a dual chamber box (meaning each sub has its own air space and own port) but you wont have the potential to be the loudest with 2 matching subs

because those people are idiots. different subs have different paramiters as well as motor strengths and wattages, and require different boxes per their specs...

buy a used one, Im sure there some old btls selling on one site or another with the 3 slug magnets.

All you need to do is find any size btl. the magnets are all the same from 12-18 inch, then just buy a recone kit or send it to fi for a recone to a matching sub to your current woofer.

Or sell your current sub and buy 2 new ones.

The newer btl motor is by far more powerful then the older motors. This will result in 1 sub hitting harder then the other, and possibly even cancelling out the other sub, or being out of phase..

It may work somewhat crappy if you build a dual chamber box (meaning each sub has its own air space and own port) but you wont have the potential to be the loudest with 2 matching subs

I will eventually buy another 09 model after i buy this one. It will be a single chamber box with one slot vented port but what im wondering is will this cause any damage? i would try to go ahead and match them up now but im just too anxious for another sub. im just havin a hard time trying to figure why this wouldnt be just fine.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333