Second Skin Audio

08 fi bl and 09 fi bl in the same box.

this is what nick (owner of fi) says

"We do not have any of the other magnets left...you may be able to find a used BL and we can recone it to another 10 for you with the original parts...but they will not play well together with the new model and the old one."

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42033

this is what nick (owner of fi) says

"We do not have any of the other magnets left...you may be able to find a used BL and we can recone it to another 10 for you with the original parts...but they will not play well together with the new model and the old one."

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42033

That sucks. When people say they wont play together well what exactly do they mean? is this just because there in the same box or running off the same amp?

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

That sucks. When people say they wont play together well what exactly do they mean? is this just because there in the same box or running off the same amp?

Again, they use different magnets/motors

The difference in motors is how strong the magnet slugs are, the specs such as coil gap, coil height, cooling, frequancy response..

If you want to do it, go nuts, you will probolly end up blowing up both speakers do to one moving out of phase with the other driver, meaning one sub will hit harder/louder then the other, which can cause the voice coil to not properly align with the magnet gap causing the voice coil to rub on the magnet gap creating a open coil which would be a fried sub, and maybe even a fried amp if the amps protection does not pick it up for some odd reason.

PS: I dont think Nick owns Fi, Im pretty sure Scott is the owner, but Nick is one that does a lot of the Design and R&D for Fi/ Acsendent audio, as well as builds the speakers to what the customer wants and what not. While he is not the owner he is a pretty damn important man at the company. Tho he maybe part owner with scott. not sure totally.

EDIT: They dont change their product lines for new looks, they change them for new improvements that they found over testing. More ways to make the speaker better, handle more power, dissapate the heat to keep it running cooler longer, having a more durable voice coil, etc...

Chances are these are some of the reasons why they made the change(s).

Playing 2 different speakers will make for example 1 sub have 2 inches excursion, vs the other sub having 1 inch of excursion. Like i said this is just an example.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

The difference in motors is how strong the magnet slugs are, the specs such as coil gap, coil height, cooling, frequancy response..

If you want to do it, go nuts, you will probolly end up blowing up both speakers do to one moving out of phase with the other driver, meaning one sub will hit harder/louder then the other, which can cause the voice coil to not properly align with the magnet gap causing the voice coil to rub on the magnet gap creating a open coil which would be a fried sub, and maybe even a fried amp if the amps protection does not pick it up for some odd reason.

PS: I dont think Nick owns Fi, Im pretty sure Scott is the owner, but Nick is one that does a lot of the Design and R&D for Fi/ Acsendent audio, as well as builds the speakers to what the customer wants and what not. While he is not the owner he is a pretty damn important man at the company. Tho he maybe part owner with scott. not sure totally.

EDIT: They dont change their product lines for new looks, they change them for new improvements that they found over testing. More ways to make the speaker better, handle more power, dissapate the heat to keep it running cooler longer, having a more durable voice coil, etc...

Playing 2 different speakers will make for example 1 sub have 2 inches excursion, vs the other sub having 1 inch of excursion. Like i said this is just an example.

Yea. i've always heard he was part-owner. but he absolutely knows about the differences in these subs and if he doesn't recomend it then its not a good idea.

are we there yet? but why? are we there yet? but why not? :acute:

Thanks for goin into detail thats what ive been wanting. Its looking like i just need to buy my second battery some more 1/0, do the big three and get as much out of one sub as i can for now :/

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333