Second Skin Audio

08 fi bl and 09 fi bl in the same box.

I will eventually buy another 09 model after i buy this one. It will be a single chamber box with one slot vented port but what im wondering is will this cause any damage? i would try to go ahead and match them up now but im just too anxious for another sub. im just havin a hard time trying to figure why this wouldnt be just fine.

well then just buy a FI Q and try to make it work with your bl. THEY ARE DIFFERENT AND IT WON'T WORK.

same thing with the new bl, it has the same name as the 08 but it is a different beast.

Edited by brewer_brewer

I will eventually buy another 09 model after i buy this one. It will be a single chamber box with one slot vented port but what im wondering is will this cause any damage? i would try to go ahead and match them up now but im just too anxious for another sub. im just havin a hard time trying to figure why this wouldnt be just fine.

yes it will cause damage, because like i said, the paramiters on each speaker are completly different, also the motor strength. You can gain match all you want, but it wont be perferct enough, even with a oscope.

Your best off selling your current sub and buying 2 new ones, or buying a old one and reconing it.

The newer btl motors are stronger and a over all more effiecent driver compaired to the older speaker.

well then just buy a FI Q and try to make them work together.

same thing. the new bl has the same name but it is a different beast.

you sayin that makes me want the bl even more. i think im just gone see how the 08 and 09 work together until i get another 09. as long as no damage is done im good. if anything the two together has to be ATLEAST louder then just the 08

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

no i ment that the Q and 08 BL are completely different

and so are the 08 and 09 BL's

Q AND BL ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND SO ARE THE 08 AND 09 BL'S

yes it will cause damage, because like i said, the paramiters on each speaker are completly different, also the motor strength. You can gain match all you want, but it wont be perferct enough, even with a oscope.

Your best off selling your current sub and buying 2 new ones, or buying a old one and reconing it.

The newer btl motors are stronger and a over all more effiecent driver compaired to the older speaker.

Theres a chance i would damage a sub?

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

THEY ARE DIFFERENT SUBS. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT.

YES YOU WILL POSSIBLY DAMAGE THEM.

THEY ARE DIFFERENT SUBS. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT.

YES YOU WILL POSSIBLY DAMAGE THEM.

I know their completly different BUT i just dont get where the damage would come from. i could see one havin more output or being more effcient but idk. i wont be runnin them together for long anyway.

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

I know their completly different BUT i just dont get where the damage would come from. i could see one havin more output or being more effcient but idk. i wont be runnin them together for long anyway.

i'm done trying to convince you. hope everything works out for you but we tried to warn you if it doesn't.

Lots of speculation going on in here...anyone have the actual differences or T/S parameter differences from '08 to '09? I have a REALLY hard time believing its anything major.

and certainly not enough to DAMAGE one of the subs?

Edited by creyc

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck