Second Skin Audio

SPL and SQ

I'm gonna assume you mean the difference between an spl sub and a sq sub...most sq subs sound better on music and have a lower fs(free air resonance), they require less power(usually)..some examples of sq subs would be an fi q, re mx, re xxx...alot of it comes down to install and tuning..I run massive dmx's witch are generally considered spl subs, but I have them in a ported box that's tuned low and they actually sound pretty good on music. They are what I would call a sql sub. A true spl sub ie: rd audio superheavy weight, re mt, handle massive amounts of power and normally require higher tuned enclosures( 60 plus hz ). They generally sound like shit on music(because of the higher tuning), and can take gobbs of power in short bursts(for burbing). This is just my opinion, like I said alot of it(90%) comes down to install and tuning.

Edited by ty_houston

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

so what would u consider them lvl4 dc subs??

so how would it sound diffrent if i was to use a sealed box or ported box??

I would consider those sql subs(sound quality level), they handle a good amount of power and the one's that I have heard sound good, real good. I would go to dc's forum or their website and see what they recommend for an enclosure. A sealed box sounds good, but they don't get as loud as ported boxes..if your after sq go for it(sealed).

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

well ima throw that setup on a 94 lincoln town car.. eventually do 4500watts.. i wanna at least do a hair trick with that.. u think i can do it with sealed box??

Nope. I can't do hairtricks with 4kw on a DD9515, ported, in a tiny little hatch - I think you'll have a horrible time trying to do one with a sealed box in a trunk car.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

well ima throw that setup on a 94 lincoln town car.. eventually do 4500watts.. i wanna at least do a hair trick with that.. u think i can do it with sealed box??
haha, ain't gonna happen bro.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f