So I have a Nissan Armada with stock alt with a xs power d5100r battery as my main supply. I have a sundown audio sae 1200 amp powering a 15 fi bl. Im running 4 gauge wire. The gain is a little over half way up. Now this is where my problem is. When I turn the bass up my voltage drops tremendously fast and then the amp shuts off or at least the sub cuts out for about 5seconds. While this is going on the protection light blinks when bass hits (not real bright). My lights, when on, almost go completely out. Im fixing to do the big 3 with 1/0 wire but I just don't believe thats going to fix my problem.

My last setup before was a RFt1 10 and an Alpine type R with a RF t3002 amp rated at 250x2. This setup actually almost out beats the Fi with 1200 rms with very little light dimming.

Any ideas what could be my problem? Also the car is cranked while this is happening.

Edited by yota_oddball

04 Armada. Lifted 35" Toyo MTs.

Sundown 1200saz

Fi Bl Fully Loaded

th140x100square.jpg

you probably should look into getting a bigger alt

maybe even an extra battery

not sure on that one if your lights go basically all the way out lol

if his voltage is THAT bad, i'd say that they're dropping into the high 9's to low 10's if the amp shuts off AND the lights shut off.

a high output alternator would help tremendously.

So how do all these people run over 1500watts with stock alt. with not nearly as much drop that I am getting? Yeah HO alternator for the armada is $500. That sucks

Edited by yota_oddball

Sundown 1200saz

Fi Bl Fully Loaded

th140x100square.jpg

So how do all these people run over 1500watts with stock alt. with not nearly as much drop that I am getting? Yeah HO alternator for the armada is $500. That sucks

well i have no clue maybe your alt. is shot cause i have a stock alt and it dosnt drop nearly that much so i dont know

(1) RE MT 18"

(2) Orions D5000s

(1) Fiamm 500 flx 12 agm batt

well i have no clue maybe your alt. is shot cause i have a stock alt and it dosnt drop nearly that much so i dont know

Yeah thats what I was thinking. But I read up on the autozone test don't work so I may just drop thr money on DI alt.

Sundown 1200saz

Fi Bl Fully Loaded

th140x100square.jpg

maybe check how many amps is coming out of the alt. depending on the year of the car it might be shot or is starting to burn up. or maybe another battery

yea, a diode couldve blown out in the alternator causing it not to output as much power as it can.

different companies have difference price listings. look around to Iraggi, DC alts, Excessive Amperage. and a few more i cant remember