Second Skin Audio

I was having a little conversation with a buddy about car audio. Now. He doenst know much. He thinks JL Audio > GOD. He also thinks Hifonics amps are the tits. He made a claim that the 12w6 subwoofer has never been blown by anyone. I called BS, he got sentenced today for some stupid shit he did in the past and i wont see him for a few years, but it made me wonder if this was a valid claim.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i dont think there is a sub that cant be blown with the right amount of power or distortion

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

THats what i tried to say, and he wouldnt listen. He is convinced he could put 1600+ RMS on them and not blow them and i almost cried laughing.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i had 2 of them a a few years ago when i was stationed in Cherry Point and was headed to Raleigh to get on some college skirts and on the way there it got quiet poof gone wit the wind so to speak and only had them on a Clif Designes CD10.1so yep they can go pop JL Audio is only a name thats worth a lot IMHO

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

yup, thats what i figured. Crazy fucker thought he could give them lik 1600 each. I told him hed blow the shit outta them. But now i wont see him again for probably like 5 years if he doesnt become someones b*tch (hes kinda skrawny and small and a bitch to begin with) or get shanked (cuz he talks mad shit). But if he makes it through, id gladly put his shit on the 3500w amp ill have by then and let him see, itl blow the shit outta them, lol.

Anyway. It is kinda annoying when people dont listen to you when you clearly have researched WAY more, i mean, hours a day for the past over a year, lol. I mean. I spend WAY too much time on the forum. If i had an iPhone, id be in heavan and never get off the forum, lol. Except to eat, sleep, screw, and frolf.

I was having a little conversation with a buddy about car audio. Now. He doenst know much. He thinks JL Audio > GOD. He also thinks Hifonics amps are the tits. He made a claim that the 12w6 subwoofer has never been blown by anyone. I called BS, he got sentenced today for some stupid shit he did in the past and i wont see him for a few years, but it made me wonder if this was a valid claim.

12w6 vs wall socket let see who wins :spiteful:

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U

12w6 vs wall socket let see who wins :spiteful:

I almost told him plug it into the wall and see what happens, lol. But i wouldda felt bad, cuz he wouldda done it, and i wouldda laughed my fuckin ass off.

He made a claim that the 12w6 subwoofer has never been blown by anyone.

I've been laughing all morning over this. :01nocomment8so:

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

At the right volts I have 1200 watts per sub. A friend of mine has a memphis belle 1500 to each woofer and he puts out close to 1700 watts per speaker and it has never blown. Those w6's are very under rated. I love my w6's

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz