first compitition...any advise????

gone be going to my first comp this sat with the truck i got done building. gone be running 2,000rms on the 2 10s and getting me a line driver in friday to install which will bring my HU to 8v output instead of 2voutput. we can only use a CD that u buy in stores and all the music i got is edited, screwed, or bass enhanced. So this is the songs i might play:

THE DREAM money and hate ---- I love your girl

Lil john ----- get low, BME click

the CD's are so much diff in bass and treble, so when my line driver comes in, i got to reset my amp and HU so the bass hits like it did on the ipod. wish me luck

any advise will be great since i dont know what to expect when i get there. thanks guys

:hairtrick:

Edited by FiBTLforlife

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

If you are going to use CnS music I do not recommend a line driver.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

well i got a jensen HU and the pre output sucks on it. if i got a track that i edit myself it gets really low and sounds good. i got vids posted on here. but with a regular CD i have to have my bass on the HU all the way up to get any bass out of the subs. but the problem is that the rear speakers are getting to much bass and i cant turn it to but vol 30 with a CD in.

so i was wanting to put in the line driver, run the bass on HU down and the higher preout on HU should even it all out.

thay way i can turn it to my regular vol and the rear speakers dont distort from the bass on HU being up.

ow and i wont be using cut and screwed music. just regular CD music from the songs i love your girl, get low, and BME click

any thoughts on this???

Edited by FiBTLforlife

1 3500d AQ amp

Don't send to hot of a signal to your amp....IE more voltage than the max it can take...

My suggestions. leave your head unit flat.... Put a test tone cd in your Deck 40hz or so, use a dmm and measure voltage don't go over the imput limit of your amp.. then set the gain on your amp to the voltage that goes with the rms output of your amp..,. This is kind of confusing but if you don't have a O-SCOPE, that is the only way I have to do it... Watch steves video's on how to set gains....

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Don't send to hot of a signal to your amp....IE more voltage than the max it can take...

My suggestions. leave your head unit flat.... Put a test tone cd in your Deck 40hz or so, use a dmm and measure voltage don't go over the imput limit of your amp.. then set the gain on your amp to the voltage that goes with the rms output of your amp..,. This is kind of confusing but if you don't have a O-SCOPE, that is the only way I have to do it... Watch steves video's on how to set gains....

na i know what u talking about, ive got this done right now. and the most i can do is 1,800rms with volts coming out of my amp bc the preouts on the HU is so low. the amp can take 8V input, and teh line drive will be 8v. .....so i wont be overdoing it, but like right borderline. i should of got one with a setting so i can tune it like i want, but it was only $30 phoenix gold one. ill get a newer one later, but would u think the 8v input would be a bad thing???????

1 3500d AQ amp

i need anyone input on this with the line driver.... never have used one BF so if u know things about them please share with me.

thanks again guys

1 3500d AQ amp

yea 1st check your input sensitivity on your amplifier and see what its max voltage acceptance then dont go over that.

*also following behind banginAltima dont use a line driver on CnS music.*

*Last but not least have fun at the competition and ask questions there will more than likely be some knowledgeable people in attendance*

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQ3500D.htm

8v-0.2v

so i wont be over, just borderline lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-TLD22-CAR...93%3A1|294%3A50

this is whats coming in friday

Edited by FiBTLforlife

1 3500d AQ amp