Any 700r/4L60 gurus?? Speedo Question

Ok so i got a 94 sierra, the newer version case before it went to a 3-piece case. It has the electronic speedometer. the tranny i have to replace it with is a <88 trans, with a cable tailshaft housing. From what i read, if the replacement has 2 holes in the tailshaft, i can put the reluctor from my bad tranny on the shaft and use my old housing to hold the VSS like the old tranny was..

I pulled the tail housing off the replacement and it does have the 2 holes in the shaft under the speedo gear.

My question is, have any of you done this?? i dont have a tach so i kinda need my speedo to work, and i really dont have any desire to have to run a cable, and new cluster..

I did a tattoo for this transmission so i cant really return it...although removing it with a DA will be fun if this shit is bad...i was told it had 85-89k on it when they pulled it . I did the trade with a buddy so i know he would purposly fuck me, but i need someone who has done the tailhousing swap to chime in if im missing something!

Thanks ahead of time.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Have you tried the chevy/gmc forums, I know my friend did the same thing and it helped. If all else fails, talk to a transmission shop and see what they would recommend. I wll ask my friend how he did it.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

Have you tried the chevy/gmc forums, I know my friend did the same thing and it helped. If all else fails, talk to a transmission shop and see what they would recommend. I wll ask my friend how he did it.

I havent tried any of those forums, i dont belong to any other ones but SMD. I called one shop and they said it was possible, but it wouldnt benifet them to tell me how to do it, and hung up.. sooo i dont think im gonna waste time with the other 2 in teh area.

Thanks, hope your buddy remembers,,haha

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

I would try the chevy/gmc forums, plus there are plenty of other info that helpful info, some great d.i.y write ups and also many other helpful and cool things. Also might get some ideas for you vehicle while you are visiting.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power.