Sonic Electronix

Here is an old box in my PT.....4 12"s. I think it was 39"x16" or something.

You could do something like it and aim two subs into the rear seats and the other 2 subs downfiring and they would not be visible.

For a more custom and unique look, you could get creative with the shape of the ports, use a plexiglass window into the enclosure paint the inside and light it with LEDs, add some plexiglass mirrors, etc.

22704040123_medium.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

If you know how to work with fiberglass you can build a box that'll fit over the spare tire well but still have the storage tray fit over it.

Subs firing up is the best in the HHR

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Is this Ed Razorlite form the HHR Forums? If so, then I will definitely listen to your opinions. I've seen all the pics of your hhr and have followed it for awhile. Can you give me any more ideas? They are facing up in a rectangle box right now, but I was looking for something with more wow appeal. Lets say that I was able to use the enitre back area, forget storage, then what would you suggest? I was going to order some of the light panels you have.

If you know how to work with fiberglass you can build a box that'll fit over the spare tire well but still have the storage tray fit over it.

Subs firing up is the best in the HHR

Edited by briansh73

Man I love the way your new system turned out. Looks great. I wish I had the guts to do something like that. That was a big change from the past system that you just posted. How's it holding up and sounding. I had an idea to do something like yours on a small level. Cancellation??

Here is an old box in my PT.....4 12"s. I think it was 39"x16" or something.

You could do something like it and aim two subs into the rear seats and the other 2 subs downfiring and they would not be visible.

For a more custom and unique look, you could get creative with the shape of the ports, use a plexiglass window into the enclosure paint the inside and light it with LEDs, add some plexiglass mirrors, etc.

22704040123_medium.jpg

Is this Ed Razorlite form the HHR Forums? If so, then I will definitely listen to your opinions. I've seen all the pics of your hhr and have followed it for awhile. Can you give me any more ideas? They are facing up in a rectangle box right now, but I was looking for something with more wow appeal. Lets say that I was able to use the enitre back area, forget storage, then what would you suggest? I was going to order some of the light panels you have.

Yup thats me, Ed razorlite.

I just dont go on there much anymore.

Well if you can use more space and want some wow, I would suggest selling those subs and getting something a little more suited to your goal.

T3 makes some good subs, but we wont have any available for a long while.

As far as best performance, a ported box with subs up, ports back is best. But you can get creative and do something fancy.

I always wanted to build towers in the back of mine. With 2) 12s stacked on top of eachother on the sides just near the rear side window. And have the subs fire on an angle facing in and to the rear. Then the center will be open between the towers so you can see out of the rear view.

Then I was gonna put my amps on the floor.

depends on your skills and budget for supplies.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion