Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Blown sub?


mhuck123

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I just dropped into my first comp. in about 10 years and got PWND to say the least! Need a new box and I am a little worried, as I have been learning more and more I guess I have been clipping my woofers at times. NO BUENO!!!! So I want to build a better box but I'm afraid I may have done irreperable damage to my woofers. How can you tell if you have done damage or can you even? I'm hoping that everything is still OK but no way to know for sure. Also don't want to build a new box if I'm gonna have to tear it down in a few months to swap woofers.

Woofers-2 MTX 9500's Dual 4 OHM

AMP-Zapco 9.0 at 2 OHM stereo

Any signs to look for? I have no smells, no noise at low and even moderate level and nothing I can see as evidence that there is anything wrong but I want to make sure.

Starting From Scratch!!

Posted

If you have no noise and no smell then I really doubt you have a problem. Moderate clipping is ok its just when you run them clipped for a long period is when issues start.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3202 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...